LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 06-21-2002, 12:14 PM   #1
Doug G.
User

Unhappy Krieghoff questions?

I bought a 1936 dated Krieghoff. It is mismatched on the side plate and the toggle train. It is proofed Eagle L/2 and all other parts bear the Eagle 2 proof. The good news about the mismatched togle is that it is a complete Navy toggle train with original finish! So the question is as a mismatch without the Navy toggle what's it worth? I put another DWM toggle on the gun in place of the Navy. I was thinking that it ought to be worth $500-700 as a rare mismatch. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I will try to add pictures tonight.
Unread 06-21-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts
Red face

Doug, I don't know if there is a thing such as a rare mismatch....

OKay, I do believe that, if most of the mismatch is there, meaning you have one small part wrong, I for one have trouble calling it just a [quote] shooter <hr></blockquote>

So that said, you have a shooter, that like you said has some interesting parts.

I would keep the "navy" parts and make up a pretend Navy.... Or sell the Navy parts on e-bay and make some okay money, just on those parts.

I think value on a shooter is VERY judgemental. I wouldn't want to pay more than $450 to $600, which is a big margin, but if I traded or sold something and you had something I wanted, then I'd give you more. So, since this is a Krieghoff frame and no toggle that says Krieghoff, it'd be worth whatever to Bob the knickerman that wanted it?

My 8 cents [img]wink.gif[/img]
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 08:30 PM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Doug...

Ed is right on the money with his reply, IMNSHO. Unfortunately - a mis-match is a good shooter, regardless of some of the parts that it contains. To give you and idea of values - recently a sideframed inscribed Krieg - which was a forgery - was sold for $850, and it was marked as a fake to not confuse collectors in the future about its authenticity.

So - both Ed and you are about right with your comments about the value of this piece - it's a shooter and doesn't hold any collector interest.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote