LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Post Lugers in Crime

Charles Whitman, Texas Tower Sniper

In his old Marine footlocker Charlie packed an array of supplies. He brought a radio, 3 gallons of water, gasoline, a notebook and pen, a compass, a hatchet and hammer, food, two knives, a flashlight and batteries, and various other implements which made it clear he was prepared for a lengthy standoff. Additionally, he packed gunsâ??a 35mm Remington rifle, a 6mm Remington rifle with a scope, a 357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver, a 9mm Luger pistol, and a Galesi-Brescia pistol.

Charles Unruh, mass murderer

Dressing up in a brown tropical-worsted suit, white shirt, and striped bow tie, the slender six-foot recluse picked up his 9-mm. German Luger and went outside. It was Tuesday, September 6, around 9:20 a.m. His mother had just left, so she was out of the way. He could have taken any number of guns from his collection, but he favored the Luger.

Dr Sam Sheppard, The Fugitive

The Sheppard murder fit Callâ??s M.O. The crowbar he carried could have been the death weapon and the Luger he also carried could have made the bloody imprint on Marilynâ??s pillowcase.

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 01:23 AM   #2
Dan44
User

I believe one of the guns used when MalcomX was killed was a Luger.
Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 09:37 AM   #3
Ron Smith
User

I don't know if anyone remembers this or not. Back in the 80's there was a case of an elderly man in Florida who's wife was suffering from advanced Alzheimers. He was arrested and tried for her murder, after he had shot her, to end her suffering. I think he was exonerated of first degree murder. He used a Luger he had brought home from the war. Sad case.
Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:14 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Lugers are both mechanically beautiful, yet sinister in appearance. They were always the choice of the villans in the movies since the 30's, ...and well into the 70's

I recall a made for TV move a few years back where a town bully was eliminated by collaboration of the whole town, to the point where they covered up for the local citizen who was elected to do the job. The tool used to free the town of the bully's oppression? A WW2 souvenier Luger pistol because it couldn't ever be traced to an owner. The townspeople took the gun and included it in the wet concrete foundation of either a statue or fountain in the center of town...

The movie left the impression that the crime was investigated, but because no one would ever talk about it, it was never solved...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote