LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-22-2001, 03:13 PM   #1
bo
New User

Default Luger 1917 DWM Again

Would like to thank all people on this board, that respond to my questions on the DWM Luger. I talked with the dealer again.And he told me that the gun

was a navymodel that someone have filed down the sight on, and furthermore the barrel was exchanged to another one.So I guess it is a "BubbaLuger" and yes it once was equipped with an adjustable sight on the toogle that someone filed down,but the barrel seems to be the common shorter one.Since I live in Sweden I think that HÃ?Â¥kan might be just right about that someone changed the gun to meet Swedish regulations.

Maybee someone put pieces together, since the year 1917 was present on the gun.

Once again thank you for your response, I guess I�´ll better start looking for another Luger,but I must tell you I was intersted in this one, it was dirt cheap, and I guess I could have learned a lot from it,but another dealer already purchased that gun.But I sure will try to get myself both a shooter and a real collectors gun as well.

Regards,

Bo

Unread 10-22-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr
User

Default Re: Luger 1917 DWM Again

BO

Who was the dealer?

Regards HÃ?Â¥kan

http://www.vapensmedjan.com
Unread 10-22-2001, 10:58 PM   #3
mlm

Interestingly, many 1917 navy lugers were modified in just the way you describe (filing off rear sight and shortening the barrel) during the Weimar era by the German military. Are you sure this is not a Weimar rework and not a bubba-ized luger? See Jan Still's Weimar Lugers book for an example photograph. A similar modification process was applied to WW1 Broomhandles, too. This weekend, I observed a Broomhandle pistol that was shortened and rear site removed in a Navy holster. It was brought back in that condition from WW2 by a GI.

Unread 10-23-2001, 12:09 AM   #4
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr
User

A very big amount of the Lugers in Sweden regardless of make year or model have non original barrels.

Those guns was shooting guns here and the majority of the guns with non original barrels have finnish tikka or sako barrels.

Regards HÃ?Â¥kan