LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 02-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
DCCUK
User

Default Shows inTn

I'm planning a trip to visit a old pal of mine (not a collector or shooter) who now lives in East Tn. If there's any shows in Tn in April I'll bring him along and "get him started" as a pistol collector...any suggestions...
We were both heavily into motorcyles at one time but then I got ino older pistols - I'm down to just two m/cs but about a dozen pistols.......

BR DCCUK
DCCUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
c3006
User

BR
Call me when you get into town and I will line you out on the shows,looking forward to it. clint
Unread 02-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
DCCUK
User

Hi Clint

Most certainly will take you up on that offer....
Maybe you have something interesting for sale?
What do think of SImpsons as a company to deal with?
i.e.import/export?

BR DCCUK
Unread 03-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
DCCUK
User

Default Gun Show, Nashville, Tn, April 7 - 8

What do you guys reckons on this show?
Nashville, Tn, April 7 - 8

DCCUK
Unread 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
DaveinTN
User

David,

Which gun show are you referring to? There are a couple events in and around the dates you mention, but nothing I can find on that specific date. I'd hate to miss out on a good show.

Dave in TN.
DaveinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #6
DCCUK
User

Hello Dave in TN.

My Tn pal did a search for Gun Shows going on somewhere over Easter.
http://www.gunshows-usa.com/one
at the Nashville Showground - 7/8April!!

from Dave aka DCCUK - soon to be in Tn
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
DaveinTN
User

Ah, yes... Bill Goodman's Gun & Knife show, tell a buddy, bring a friend......

Typically a dog and pony show... mostly lots and lots of assault rifle parts and your usual assortment of Pythons and Glocks. There will also be the occasional good looking blond with really tight pants and lots of "Bubbas."

Last time I went, there were four tables with Luger pistols: Three local guys from middle Tennessee each with 4-5 Lugers (among other pistols) and one fellow from up north with a baby Luger and a Black widow that looked too good to be true.

If you and Clint will be in town, send me a private email and I'll give you my cell number. My buying budget is depleted, but if time allows, I sure would like to tag along with folks who are more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to Luger pistols. Maybe I'll learn something.....

Have a safe trip.

Dave in TN.
DaveinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:45 AM   #8
DCCUK
User

Hello Davein Tn

There will also be the occasional good looking blond with really tight pants ...
I'll be there....
Maybe I'll learn something.....I don't know 0.01% of what you Forum guys know. I'm just a beginner. But would like to make contact while in Tn.

BR DCCUK
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #9
DCCUK
User

Hello from UK.. again

Those 2 weeks went by so quick + plus wrecking my pal's Grand cherrokee didn't help - made it a real expensive trip. Next time I'll stick to a rental job from Enterprise.

btw - Turned up at the Nashville fair grounds at 0900 on Saturday 7th April (along with a bunch of other people) only to find the gun show had been cancelled - not enough tables "sold"...
I think I took the record for coming the furthest (i.e. UK via Talbott, Tn) and being the most disappointed as I had allocated a major wedge of dollars to spend....

However, I hadn't wasted my time, or money, as was quickly re-directed to Gun City USA where I shot off a whole load of ammo thru a variety of rental pistols....the Kimber and the 22 Target Ruger being at the top of my "to buy" list... NO LUGERS?

Also, took in The Reloaders Bench...
so a real big thanks to all the guys - Adam, VMT for "finding" the right bullets for my Broomhandle and the US CG .50 cal rnd - it's on my desk right now...wish I could have bought that Artillery - maybe next time?
BTW - got all those totally legal reloading goodies thru UK Customs OK - must have been because they were bought with UK Pounds Sterling
hope the ink's not rubbed off yet?

so a real big thanks to all the guys in Tn who more than made up for lack of gun show...

Sorry I didn't make contact with everyone - should have come for a month.

Message for Clint - is you phone broke? Havetried to call a couple times.....
Also have tried Heather H a couple of times as well - I know her cell phone's broke but no-one seems to answer her other numbers?
My RAF Flt Lt daughter Jos says she put in 40 - so we're nearly half way there??? Heather's got my UK tel nos.

ATB
DCCUK