upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 10-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
dave_j
User

Default 1900 swiss pre-production guns

Quote:
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
I've got a question for the forum. How do any of us know that only the first lugers ever made (pre-production models) were all serial #40 and below?
dave_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,082 Times in 1,673 Posts

Mostly empirical evidence. All of the Lugers observed with preproduction features are numbered 40 and below.
Unread 10-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
Imperial Arms
Banned

I would not trust Ron's information when he cannot even spell the word Lugers (Ligers)!!! - ajajajjajaajaj++++. Ron, I had to break your nuts on this one! Probably old age is creeping in.

Ron, can you spell the word 'Russian'? If not, it's time to send it my way!! Maybe you had to much to drink, just like the fellow who sold the item to pay for his bar tab!

Cheers,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso

Ligers? What Ligers? Actually I am visiting my grandchildren in Colorado on their first birthday, so I am working on my laptop in a motel room with dim light. I'm lucky if I spelled any of the words correctly. It just means that I get the opportunity to use the edit function!

Yes, I can spell Russian so obviously I am still at least marginally competent to retain possession. I don't run up a bar tab so I am safe from that consideration (but I certainly am glad the poor soul that sold it to the barkeeper had run up his).
Unread 10-20-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hello Ron,

Do I sense a financial squeeze - staying in a motel? - but not a hotel? Did you need a flashlight to go to toilet? 'Shooting yourself in the foot' is a bad aim!!

Maybe you are a budget traveler who deprives himself of comfort for the sake of keeping his collection?!! Ron, it is time to let it go and enjoy life!

Cheers,
Albert
Unread 10-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Albert,
I stay in a motel because that is what I can afford. Contrary to what you may believe, I am not wealthy. I have acquired my collection over many years through prudent investment within my means and sheer good fortune. I do enjoy life. Do you need a flashlight to see that your attempts at humor are falling a little short of being amusing? I do not particularly enjoy not being wealthy, but by the same token I consider myself exceedingly well blessed. Perhaps you should examine the concept of "shooting oneself in the foot" a little closer to home.

Cheers,
Ron

P.S. Albert, upon re-reading your post I now get the joke about "bad aim". I apologize for being a bit over-sensitive.
Unread 10-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

My hat is off to you Ron.

You are the master of the classy responce.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hello Ron,

I sense that you did not take well my light humour and it may have rubbed you the wrong way. If so, I apologize. I guess our different generation or age makes us react in different ways regarding the use of humour/jokes. Sometimes I tend to be liberal and use inappropriate words while chatting with friends to make a conversation 'colorful' while, of course, maintaining politeness and respect. Everything is based on interpretation and semantics. My jokes never intend to be insulting unless I am furious, which is not the case here. You are welcome to pull my leg if you wish. By the way, the hotel in Malta where I am staying at the moment has very small beds which makes me feel like a sausage roll! I wonder which is worse - a short and uncomfortable bed or poor lighting? On the bright side, I also share the same fortune as you in regards to the building of a marvellous collecting and the mention of ones financial status is irrelevant.

As you notice from the beginning of this topic, I decided to use some humour when your finger slipped on the keyboard under poor lighting conditions and misspelled the word Luger, so I just wanted to joke with you without the intention of offending you. I am not making any improper or offensive remarks towards you regarding your choice of accommodation at a motel - in fact, I do the same arrangements when I travel to various countries visiting friends and family having to restrict myself to a budget.

At the end of day, the most important outcome during a trip is enjoying yourself with your family (and also dream about your collection).

Enjoy,
Albert