LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 01-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I have to ask if you have loaded with the newer, cleaner Unique powder? The older variety is a bit dirtier than the newest version of the powder. I also use Power Pistol in 9mm loadings, and find it to be a good powder, but have not been as pleased with it in MY Lugers as the Unique powder. I do use the PP for many of my other 9mm handguns.

I started this handloading hobby in 1971-72, so I guess that I am not a newbie either. We all find what works the best for us and in our handguns. I don't experiment nearly as much these days as I did before, but still find myself working up new loads from time to time to improve a load if I can. I still enjoy the hobby after all of these years, and my equipment has been paid for many, many times over. I still shoot 1-2/week, and 75-150 rounds/session, so handloading is a must for me.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to rhuff for your post:
Unread 01-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #22
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
I have to ask if you have loaded with the newer, cleaner Unique powder? The older variety is a bit dirtier than the newest version of the powder. I also use Power Pistol in 9mm loadings, and find it to be a good powder, but have not been as pleased with it in MY Lugers as the Unique powder. I do use the PP for many of my other 9mm handguns.

I started this handloading hobby in 1971-72, so I guess that I am not a newbie either. We all find what works the best for us and in our handguns. I don't experiment nearly as much these days as I did before, but still find myself working up new loads from time to time to improve a load if I can. I still enjoy the hobby after all of these years, and my equipment has been paid for many, many times over. I still shoot 1-2/week, and 75-150 rounds/session, so handloading is a must for me.
Hi,

Yes, I've fired both the old and new formulations of Unique.

An accuracy load, for me, is one that:

1) Can hold the X ring of a 25 yard pistol target with a 6 O'clock hold over a sand bag.

2) Can be fired, at least 1,000 times, without a malfunction.

3) Is a "full strength" load, but not an overload that would cause breach block slap.

For me, Unique is a bit too fast to meet all of the above criterion.

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 01-21-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote