LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 03-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
bem1965
New User

Default Suggestion for a mould

Hi all,

I have just restarted my shooting after a lapse for a decade building a home and a family.

I am eating thru my old horde of reloaded ammunition fast!

Prices for reloading equipment has sky rocketed here in Sweden, seems Midway have bought most businesses....

So I am looking towards casting my bullets. I already cast pure lead bullets for my .36 Remington so I have the basic stuff.

Can anyone suggest a mould that casts bullets that will chamber, cycle and give good precision? I guess I also will need a sizer/luber for the bullets.

I have seen good things about 124 gr TC bullets from RCBS.....

Being constantly short on funds I would prefer a mould from LEE, but with access to free lead I could make up for the higher cost of another make.

/Lars
1989 Feinwerkbau Model 65
bem1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bem1965 View Post
Hi all,

I have just restarted my shooting after a lapse for a decade building a home and a family.

I am eating thru my old horde of reloaded ammunition fast!

Prices for reloading equipment has sky rocketed here in Sweden, seems Midway have bought most businesses....

So I am looking towards casting my bullets. I already cast pure lead bullets for my .36 Remington so I have the basic stuff.

Can anyone suggest a mould that casts bullets that will chamber, cycle and give good precision? I guess I also will need a sizer/luber for the bullets.

I have seen good things about 124 gr TC bullets from RCBS.....

Being constantly short on funds I would prefer a mould from LEE, but with access to free lead I could make up for the higher cost of another make.

/Lars
Lars,

The 124 gr TC RCBS mould is excellent!!! Its bearing surface is much greater than the Lyman TC offer.

I've had problems with the Lee TC mould, as the bullets, when loaded to proper over all length, tend to catch on the bottom of the extractor groove when chambering, thus, jamming the pistol.

Good Luck!!!

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 03-10-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote