LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 07-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #21
sdmark777
User

I agree with Meadowlark, the measurement notches are very worry-some on that gauge.
sdmark777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #22
Rick W.
User

I have to admit I was just following a logical possibility on the extra notch on the gage in question. Wrong or right, was an attempt to start a conversation on why it is there etc.

One poster showed open mindedness in the idea presented, did not mean to say he believed it or not, but was gracious in his reply, his postings are always read here.

Metaphors are a way of life for me, working in a place where even the janitor had two PHD skins in astrophysics etc, and the specifics of the subjects there, one could never talk directly under the pain of law sorta speak.

sometimes ideas are "proven" or "disproven" with a very small set of parts or attempts. Kinda like looking at diamonds, well all I saw today were white, so the red or blue diamonds cannot exist.

I wish some of the old smiths that used to post here would comment briefly on their ideas, but have not seen them for a good while here, guess tis the environment nowadays.

I am of the opinion that the Germans never did much on specific items without some reason. Hard to figure fixturing asset because of the shape of the piece, but one never knows......yeah, one never knows what is real knowledge with Lugers; hype, salesmanship, or real research into the original paperworks.

Perhaps my beginning treatise will start some thought, I think that beats sitting behind the door waiting for something to drop.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2019, 05:48 PM   #23
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

I think the notch helps to flip it out of a storage space in a tray. Otherwise one would be tempted to flip it out by sticking something under the measuring surfaces, damaging them.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Vlim for your post: