LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-06-2002, 09:35 PM   #1
Thor
User

Default Luger Toggle/Date Stamp combinations (Long)

Quite a few people ask me about particular Lugers and a lot of them are parts guns, obviously parts guns from Chamber markings and toggle code combinations. On my website I have listed the majority (not all, Simpsons, Krieghoffs,Mauser Banners, etc) of most of the Military Lugers issued by Mauser, Erfurt and DWM. This can be handy for new shooter/collectors, that see a gun but dont have reference material yet. See the list at http://members.rennlist.com/lugerman/toggle_marks.htm

These Lists do NOT include any "out of sequence" combinations and new Luger people should note that several toggle codes for one year can indicate a possible legiment combination, ie, 41/42 (year/code) and 41/byf or for instance, 1939/42 and 1939/ S/42 As always, get the books, read and learn from the books, you will never be sorry, it is time WELL spent. My advice is NOT to depend on others to answer all your questions, get the books and research, then ask the questions, you will learn and retain more that way. Not everybook is 100% correct and in general the older the date on the book the more chance that some inconsistancies occure in it. Even these Luger scholars learned more each year if they continued to learn also. Have fun and dont miss out on this great part of Luger appreciation. ~THOR~

Unread 03-06-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Luger Toggle/Date Stamp combinations (Long)

Looks like some of the toggle codes are missing, sorry, like 42, S/42, byf and Crown over Erfurt! I will try and get John Dunkle to correct the list! Thor

Unread 03-07-2002, 01:46 AM   #3
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: Luger Toggle/Date Stamp combinations (Long)

Thor, thanks so much for this list. It answers some questions I've had in mind looking at Lugers. It contradicts (and makes more sense than) the finish descriptions in sources like Aaron Davis's book, which is otherwise very handy to carry around at places like gun shows.

Obviously, I've considered some guns as refinished, when actually they were not Looking forward to the rest of the list.

--Dwight