LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
schutzen-jager
User

Default from another forum -

ATTENTION ALL EU MEMBERS!
This kills me to have to tell you guys this, but so far there are three countries, those being Great Britain, France and the Netherlands that are a part of what is posted in the following message. thus far, those are the only three that have been named, but I was also informed that the ITAR * The International Traffic in Arms Regulations* may now include accessories as well as firearm parts. All of this appeared on the new customs declarations that we have to fill out prior to shipping. If you cannot fill in the VAT figure, customs will not accept the shipment.
The inside word is that Biden et/al is part and parcel of this new EU methodology for keeping firearms and all of the accoutrements from shipping into and out of the United States as well as into or out of Europe.
Thus far, I don't know how we are going to handle this. Latigo would have to register with each and every individual country in Europe as a VAT collector. Our Bookkeeping would be doubled at least in that we would be required to collect the VAT tax on each order and once every three months, naming the customer, and the order and the amount collected. At the moment I don't see how we can do this. My son is investigating the whole thing but for the moment all shipments to Europe are suspended. I'm deeply sorry about this for you guys that really like using our Swiss Product line.
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm very sorry to inform you that we are having to credit your payment back to your credit card. Great Britain, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that a VAT tax must now be collected by us and included in your costs. It would appear that France and the Netherlands are following suit.
Unfortunately they are requiring us to register and to pay your VAT taxes along with all other VAT taxes collect once every three months. For the moment, this is going to create a massive bookkeeping problem on our end. If they were charging the VAT taxes to you upon receipt of the products, that would be one thing. But that's not how they're asking it to work.

We're going to look into this immediately and see if we can find a way for us not to be held responsible for holding and then paying your VAT tax.
I'm very sorry for the circumstance but at the moment, we are not set up to comply with the law in Great Britain.
We will post something on our website as soon as it is clarified, but in the meantime I'm very sorry we cannot ship direct to you.
Pierre St. Marie
schutzen-jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

I see only this - which sounds positive?

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...longer-warrant

this is from 2020 - https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...s-i-ii-and-iii

this is from 12/ 2020
https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...odification-or

for the Euro, I have no idea, but since England pulled out of the EU, how would they be affected for VAT (we don't do VAT, that is europe)?
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
m1903a3
User

So this is saying the UK, for one, will now collect VAT on an item being shipped to the US? That makes no sense, unless they have had a serious tax policy change. Every time I've been to the UK you could present receipts at an office/kiosk at the airport and VAT on purchases you were taking out of the country would be refunded. Items being shipped out of the UK to the US were exempt from VAT. They do have a method of claiming the VAT if it was paid and not claimed upon departure.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
m1903a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to m1903a3 for your post: