LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 06-19-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
Mauper
User

Talking Simson Luger

I purchased a Simson [no date on receiver]from a Vet recently--all matching--original finish with the simson proof on all parts.My question is it came with two magazines--first mag.is a 1939 or 40 proofed,numbered to the pistol on the base.--second is a black plastic,1942 type with the serial number etched on the side. What do you think of the Mags? Also a real mint 1941 dated holster.
Mauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #2
MauserLugers
User

Hi,
Your magazines are not the ones originally issued with this Simson Luger. The original magazines issued would be nickel tubes with an aluminium base. The base should have an E/6 or two E/6's on them and the serial number and suffix. The tube should have and E/6 on the spine of the tube. A no date Simson would have been made somewhere in the time frame from 1927 through 1933, so magazines later than that would not be the original issued magazines.
MauserLugers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2002, 11:26 AM   #3
Mauper
User

Thanks MauserLuger--Yes it's missing the original mag.I received more info. on this pistol,seems it's covered in one of Jan Still's books[have not seen it as yet]. Called a Nazi re-issue,the magazine numbered to match pistol on the base.The spare mag.later one with black plastic base is numbered on the side. Not sure about that one. The Vet.{WW11} says thats the way he got it in 1945.
Mauper is offline   Reply With Quote