LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-19-2001, 09:18 PM   #1
Aaron
Banned

Default Need Ball Park Estimate

I have just been asked if I am interested in a "mint" KU BYF 41 Luger with wood grips, one matching metal bottom and one FXO plastic bottom mag, with loading tool and holster. No details available yet on the holster or tool, nor do I know if this is a refinished piece, as the seller is not a knowledgeable collector. If the piece is original, I need to know a ball park value so I don't grossly overpay should I buy it.

Unread 05-20-2001, 05:22 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Need Ball Park Estimate

Aaron,

I recently purchased a "KU" luger with an "fxo" plastic bottom magazine in approx. 95% condition. The bore and grips are great with the blue wear appearing to be from holster ewear only. The grip strap bluing is nice. I paid $1650 for mine. Assuming the one your thinking about is all original, I would estimate the value to be in the $2,000 range for the entire rig. This was my first experience with a "KU" so others may have a better feel than I do for a price on a complete rig. Keep us posted when you look at the pistol.

MArvin

Unread 05-20-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
tom h

Aaron, I sold my last one about 15 years ago for $2000 without accessories. One interesting note, the KUs were the only lugers that I know of that had NUMBERED black plastic bottomed mags.

Unread 05-20-2001, 12:06 PM   #4
Marvin
User

Tom,

Thanks for mentioning that the black plasctic mags were numbered on the "KU" Lugers. I had forgotten to mention that in my previous post. I felt that I had a good deal in mine. Since I don;t follow them closely, I was not sure of the going rate for a complete rig.

Marvin

Unread 05-20-2001, 03:58 PM   #5
Aaron
Banned

Thanks to all. I didn't know about the numbered plastic mag bottoms, so I will definitely look for that. Should I acquire this piece, I will happily post pics.

Unread 05-20-2001, 04:49 PM   #6
Marvin
User

Aaron,

I don't know what the cost will be to you, but they are a really nice pistol. I am sure glad I bought mine! They are such unique pistols with a history, but no one knows the full story of them and to me that adds a little mystery to them. Good Luck and if you get the pistol, YES, I for one want to see the photos.

Marvin