LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-12-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
Ad.

Default Magazine Release Spring

The spring popped out when I removed the left grip. Which side of the spring should face the grip? The convex or concave? I assume it's the concave because the little tit at the end of that side of the spring apparently fits into a small semi-circle cut into a little slot on the frame; but I want to make sure. Also, is the spring numbered? Mine is not. Thanks. Ad.

Unread 06-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Magazine Release Spring

It should be replaced with the concave side facing outward. I have not seen this spring numbered.

Unread 06-12-2001, 08:45 PM   #3
Ad.

Default Thanks, Bill EOM (EOM)

Unread 06-12-2001, 09:57 PM   #4
Thor
User

Default Re: Magazine Release Spring

MAny times on repo grips, the little slit that allow this spring to move is not cut deep enough to allow this spring to move correctly. I have the grips off and I slowly place the left grip in place while watching this spring, if placing the grip in place MOVES the spring and mag release button there is NOT enough clearance. In extreme cases the mag can pop out of the gun during recoil. Just something to watch for if you replace the grips on the gun! Thor

Unread 06-14-2001, 11:12 PM   #5
Ad.

Default Thanks, Thor

Needless to say, I replaced the left grip with great care (ie, GREAT FEAR) and neither the spring nor mag release button moved. The mag engages/disengages well; with solid clicks. I haven't shot the gun since removing the grips; however, I'll keep my eyes open for "mag pop-out" the next time I'm on the range. BTW: my eys were big as saucers when I removed the grip and this THING fell out!!!My immediate thought....It's broke...it's broke, sniff!! However, I got out a parts diagram; and it only took about an hour to find a picture of a teeny, teeny part that lookd sort of like what had fallen out. Then it only took about TWO hours to realize that the THING didn't want to be pushed (read "forced") into place. Instead, it simply wanted to be gently slid into position. I'm learning...slowly...but I AM learning. Thanks, again. Ad.