LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Closed Thread
Unread 09-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
kunta
Banned

Default fxo mag question

I just purchased this fxo mag eagle 37 for 65$ Is that a fair price? I have not received it, won it on auction. looks like a little surface rust but nothing to bad. I am not sure what these go for today. I sold one a year ago and did not realize what I had. I wanted one to go with my small luger collection. thanks

Unread 10-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

:icon107:

Kunta, I deleted a couple of posts, and just so you are aware, a few folks have commented on your signature block. It is a free country, although free speech is not always guaranteed on a forum.

Ed
Unread 10-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
kunta
Banned

are some people offended I am an Atheist? I would be glad to go to the lounge and debate the validity of the theory of a big guy in the sky. By some post deleted do you mean someone was posting nasty to me. or that you deleted some of my posts?, I was just wanting to know about fxo mags. But would be glad to talk to any one on why I do not believe in god. just pm me and we can post in the lounges, as long as no one starts to throw insults, I would be happy to trade views.
Unread 10-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Political and religious views are for home discussions, not this discussion. wearing it on your sleeve may result in some folks not wanting to help.

Yes, there are some members that have religious signatures, so I am not going to tell you to change yours.

I would personally prefer signatures in a non inflammatory nature, whether political, religious or otherwise, but I do not own the forum and will not tell folks what they can or can not do. That said, if something is non-gun / luger related, and inflammatory, yes, I will probably delete it or modify it.

Ed
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
kunta
Banned

Understood, I only want to talk about gun's, lugers ect. If some one does not want to help me learn more about lugers. that is their right. Back to the fxo mag. I think it was a fair deal. I see these go for 89$ and up. if any one wants to give me a quick lesson on fxo mags. I would be happy to learn.
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
Ron Smith
User

Ed,

Very well stated...
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,090 Times in 1,675 Posts

Kunta,

It is a sad commentary on the state of human responses to personal beliefs. One of the posts deleted was somewhat derisive in response to your signature block and the other was a reasonable observation that religion and politics have no place in a hobby forum such as this.

Yes, your stand as an Atheist is irritating to those of us who believe in God, but it is your belief and therefore should be respected. I also am quite put-off by some members of the forum that feel compelled to express their Christianity in their signature block. Although I am a firm believer in freedom of expression, there is a time and a place for everythingâ?¦in my opinion this is not the venue for such non-collecting professions of belief or non-belief. If I were in charge, I would not allow such signature blocks. But that betrays my weakness, so it is a good thing that I am not in charge.

I choose to ignore your signature block, as I ignore the professions of faith by other forum members. The topic is Lugers and related material. I would be most happy if you and the non-athiests would get off your signature block soapbox and keep it friendly, but that is your choice. Let us stick to the hobbyâ?¦there is much of interest there.

As far as debating â??theoriesâ? on-line or off, that is an exercise for fools, because neither side will dissuade the other. You will never divert me from being a Christian, and I will never divert you from being an Atheist.
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thank you Ron, I apoligize for my quick delete, but I am "tired" of debate in any form.

My apoligizes to those two whom I deleted their posts, they know who they are.

Ed
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
policeluger
RIP

.....sorry Ron, I was going to give you a jab over this religion thing going on, let it be said that my love of Christ is never something I leave behind and talk guns....it is not a part of me, it is me.....and should I sell the Persian, you will still be the first to know.....ohoh my "profession of faith" is showing......
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
Ron Smith
User

Yes Howard, It is!! This ain't church.
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
kunta
Banned

I post my feelings about religion on other forums devoted to the topic. I posted here for information on lugers and related things. I find it funny how some think it perfectly ok to throw their view of religion in others face, and then get offended when someone does not agree with them. Freedom of religion when you agree with my way of thinking. I thank ED for not taking a double standard on the signature issue. I have had people in the past try to bullied me into submission with their way of thinking, I do not subscribe to this mind control. I would never tell any one here or on any other forum, or in public, that they should not believe in what ever they want to. I feel that I and every one should be afforded the same respect that those who spout their faith from the roof tops, demand for themself. I never could understand why it is ok for some one to have a jesus fish on their car, but I get dirty looks for putting my darwin fish on mine. Go figure.
Ron, when I talk about religion to others, I do not try to convert anyone, I simply trade ideas, I do not feel trading ideas is a waste of time. As long as the people trading the ideas can keep things from digressing to a personal level.
On the FXO thing, I think this mag will go better with my byf 41 than the strait wing 655 that came with it.
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #12
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso

Kunta,
We are in violent agreement here! I clearly expressed my dismay at both your signature block as well as the "opposing side". Both are inappropriate for this forum but a matter of free speech and choice...guaranteed by the Constitution. Your signature block is offensive to some and you should recognize that, but it is yours to have. Would you be offended if my signature block was "atheists are totally out of touch with reality"? I will not subject you to my "mind control" if you will offer me the same courtesy. Your signature block is a tacit attempt to do so, and I maintain that it is inappropriate but legally protected, just as the other side is protected. By the way, I have never found any disconnect between Darwin and the Creator that invented the evolutionary process.
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #13
kunta
Banned

Ron, No I would not be offended. Even though your statement would be fundamentally different, My sig block is my view on life, yours , that you stated above, is a character slam, very different in my opinion. To me it is valid to state that I believe in this, or I do not believe in that, But to say People who believe it this are stupid, is not a valid statement, it is just a character assassination, and a ad hominem attack.
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #14
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Now that is just silly. I didn't say you were stupid and in no way did I make a character slam. I was only trying to illustrate by opposite example how your statement could be considered an irritant to others and how inappropriate such comments are in this venue (obviously I was successful in illustrating the irritant factor). I really think you are intelligent. Let's keep it on a civil note.
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default fxo mag.

Hello kunta, your fxo mag. is probably worth what you paid for it.. maybe a bit more... rust of any type kills the collector quality of any common Luger mag. the only exception to this, is if it correctly and exactly matched your gun,,, they go for anywhere from $65.00 or $70.00 bucks, bottom.. upward to $150.00 for a screaming mint one.. but most members won't pay that because again, they're not rare... and a deal is always around the corner... If your an ebay guy, you can put it up for auction and maybe make a buck or two.. til...lat'r....GT
Unread 10-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #16
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

thread is closed damn it. didn't your grandmother teach y'all not to talk politics and religion except in school, or church?
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Closed Thread