LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
remerus
User

Cheers Fellas, Thank you very much and likewise please drop me a line if you find yourselves in my parts.
remerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
remerus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
I just read your download regarding you have to have a steel bolted attached safe in your home! Is that required to have if you own a single gun? What about rifles?~~Eric
G'day Eric,

Rifles is a little different and the ones us regular citizens come under what they call A & B category which exclude semi automatic center fire, Semi auto rim fire and pump action shotguns oh and of course full auto firearms.

The requirement on safe keeping with A&B Cat is you are still required to keep them in a safe that has steel types and thicknesses that comply with guidelines set out by the commissioner (Government ) yet these do not have to be bolted down if they weigh 150kg or over (empty). http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/...March_2012.pdf

And for the curious the excluded categories ( Cat C & D ) I mentioned above such as semi automatic center fire, Semi auto rim fire and pump action shotguns these are unavailable to us in the general public unless you are a commercially licensed animal culler for either a government agency or hired to manage pests on commercial properties which would satisfy the "Genuine reason" the we have to substantiate to our Powers that be to possess such guns.

As for full auto firearms I was always enamored by the idea of having a nice example of an Mg34 a 42 or a nice Browning 30 cal but not a chance really well not a working one anyway although I do have D category on my collectors license but this requires the permanent deactivation of the said firearm i.e welding all moving parts pretty much destroying a piece of history.. I'd rather not have one if I have to do that to it. Add to that I cannot easily import any full auto firearms so am stuck waiting till one comes up for sale on the open market in Australia (which would not be a common event if at all) this being the case I believe I would be paying in excess of $25000 for the privilege only to have to deactivate it.

If I did however they have their own level of safe keeping ( http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/...tober_2012.pdf ) that needs to be satified which far exceeds the Handgun level I previously mentioned (Yes even though they are inert ).

Peg
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #23
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

I wondered are there rules or laws reguarding hunting and what can be hunted different? Are the Aborigines governed by the same restrictions?~~~Eric
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
remerus
User

Quote:
I wondered are there rules or laws regarding hunting and what can be hunted different? Are the Aborigines governed by the same restrictions?~~~Eric
I do believe that the Aboriginals have special privilege when it comes to hunting in Australia such as they were the original in habitats before the mighty monarch decided we were unfit to grace the pebbly shores of Pommy land and had us summarily shipped over here. Question do the native Indians of your country enjoy such privileges?

Not being a hunter myself this is an area which I am a bit fuzzy but yes it is like most things in the luck country regulated..

The link may be of some insight to you. http://www.gamecouncil.nsw.gov.au/po...p=WhatCanIHunt

Peg
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Great reference. Our first program when I was ten, Skippy The Bush Kangaroo. We had Lassie, Gentle Ben Flipper and Rin Tin Tin!! Worse was the death of Steve Irvin, The Crocodile Hunter! I still shed a tear!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHtc_bDXWA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skippy.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	34749  

The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #26
remerus
User

Quote:
Great reference. Our first program when I was ten, Skippy The Bush Kangaroo. We had Lassie, Gentle Ben Flipper and Rin Tin Tin!! Worse was the death of Steve Irvin, The Crocodile Hunter! I still shed a tear!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHtc_bDXWA
Ha ha Yes I do remember those shows as A kid... Is a great shame about Steve Erwin he was a man full of life and inspiration.

Peg
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #27
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Yes and fishing also, on the Res only. Certain nations are also allowed to shoot three American Bald Eagles per year for ceremonial reasons and the taking of the eagles is supervised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remerus View Post
Question do the native Indians of your country enjoy such privileges?

Peg
NoncomRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I Really Love Our Forum!!! Thanks to all those who continue to make it possible!
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
remerus
User

So What about your gun laws in relation to storage licences and registration what is the particulars you guy have to deal with?
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I live in Illinois and if I started telling you what we have to do in the language I would describe the laws, I'd be banned.

Quote:
So What about your gun laws in relation to storage licences and registration what is the particulars you guy have to deal with?
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #31
remerus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoncomRetired View Post
I live in Illinois and if I started telling you what we have to do in the language I would describe the laws, I'd be banned.
Ha ha yes I know the feeling
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #32
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I will give you a hint...we are the only state without a carry law and finally after years of court action after court action, our district "federal" court told the state that we have that Right according to our Second Ammendment to Carry Concealed, that was months ago and our governor refuses to sign off on any Bill. They have until July 9th to have something or Constitutional Carry comes into affect. Anyone can carry without license, training or restrictions. A few states here already have Constitutional Carry.

Quote:
Ha ha yes I know the feeling
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #33
remerus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoncomRetired View Post
I will give you a hint...we are the only state without a carry law and finally after years of court action after court action, our district "federal" court told the state that we have that Right according to our Second Ammendment to Carry Concealed, that was months ago and our governor refuses to sign off on any Bill. They have until July 9th to have something or Constitutional Carry comes into affect. Anyone can carry without license, training or restrictions. A few states here already have Constitutional Carry.
I find it intriguing that Different states leaders have their own Ideas and interpretation of the Constitution and how it should apply to modern times.. As we over here have the same issues where different states seem to do their own thing.
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #34
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

States here are still governed by a majority vote of its citizens in a number of issues. This is why states that tend to attract "liberals" and have a liberal majority will tend to prohibit indiviual freedoms such as the right to carry or in some cases, even own a firearm. These facts have tended to polarize the US over time, where a state's political climate is a serious consideration when deciding whether to take up residence there. I know it is for me.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #35
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Hello Peg (I thought I saw 'Chris' a day or so ago ) and Welcome!

I also frequent the Surplus Rifles Forum, the Enfield sections (I have several), and noticed a drinking song as a signature of one of the members there...

(You know how that song from the 1964-65 World's Fair doll exhibit [which is in Disney World now I think] "It's A Small World" stuck in your head for ~50 years??? This one has stuck in my head now...I was singing it in my sleep even)...

We are the ragtime army,
The A.N.Z.A.C.,
We cannot shoot,
We won't salute,
What bloody use are we?

...Great beer song!!!
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #36
remerus
User

G'day Postino, Thankyou and yes you are correct my aren't seeing things my name is Christopher my close friends call me peg. However the forum spam filter had a problem with me putting this name in originally.

Ahh the Enfield section ha ha yes been there a couple of times. And I di have a nice Lithgow manufactureed No1 mk3 which I treasure.

No haven't seen the signature before but the song would drive me to drink if it us the one I'm thinking, although I don't need much excuse to turn a song into a drinking affair...

Peg
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #37
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Your not the only one with that obnoxious Disney song resonating in you mind. They played it over and over while standing in line for to hour including during the entire ride that lasted for ever! Ford did the finest with the automobiles of the future!
Unread 07-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #38
MikeP
User

Illinois governor vetoed the CCW bill yesterday and attempted to ad amendments. A totally politically oriented move as the vote exist to over ride it.

Biggest issue is the limits on where one will be able to carry.
The delays have enabled a few communities time to enact local restrictions like AWBs.
Travelling through Illinoi armed will be tricky.
Better than a couple other places, though.

I got exposed to vegemite a while back. Interesting stuff.
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #39
remerus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
Illinois governor vetoed the CCW bill yesterday and attempted to ad amendments. A totally politically oriented move as the vote exist to over ride it.

Biggest issue is the limits on where one will be able to carry.
The delays have enabled a few communities time to enact local restrictions like AWBs.
Travelling through Illinoi armed will be tricky.
Better than a couple other places, though.

I got exposed to vegemite a while back. Interesting stuff.
Sneaky buggers aren't they!

Ha yes Vegemite an acquired taste but being Aussie I do like it have it most mornings on my toast. However I am not a fan of Fosters Beer and neither is anyone that I know in fact I don't know of anywhere in Australia where it is available for sale as I have never seen it on the shelves of the local bottle shops. I hear that you guys think that is all we drink down here??

Peg
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #40
remerus
User

On a side note I am looking to purchase a copy of the set of THE BORCHARDT & LUGER AUTOMATIC PISTOLS books and arrange to have them sent to Australia anyone got any advice on this I would appreciate it, I realize postage will be expensive. it looks to be a must have set of books I suppose I should ask the question should I be starting with these? or is there other books I should be looking at also?

Peg