LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-15-2001, 11:49 PM   #1
Milt Keller
User

Default An unusual weapon.......

Ted, as I told you a moment ago, I was about to sit down for dinner when my youngest daughter answered the front door bell. Suprise!, it was her current beau. He had heard I owned a Luger or two, and you know, at that very moment, during my evening meal, he chose to ask me to show it to him. What a suprise!

As he held so gingerly my Luger in his trembling sweaty palms I wove a story very similar to the one that you told a moment ago. As I did so, I could see him conjuring up long forgotten battles in long forgotten woods, battles now known only by the silent dead.

He said that he had seen a "gun" very like this that was used to shoot the "first" Superman, George Reeves. I told him that the one used to "do in" Superman had 9mm Kriptonite rounds. You know, I don't think he believed any more than I did when my father related the same story to me.

I could see in his smooth, youthful face, that face that had not been yet tested by 23 winters, that he had a real respect for the pistol. Maybe as I do, he can feel the warmth of unseen hands that held so tightly upon that grip so very long ago.

After what seemed to be eternity, He thanked me for showing "my piece of history" to him. I could somehow sense that when he returned my Luger to my waiting hands, without mentioning it, he too had felt that strange warmth, that warmth that seemed to say that it was all right now, the pistol was mine, it was safe at last!