LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-24-2001, 03:26 PM   #1
Ted
User

Default Where is Everybody! I am having Withdrawls (EOM)

Unread 03-24-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
Matt
User

Default Re: Where is Everybody! I am having Withdrawls

Ted,

I went to a gun show today. Would you believe one of the recent-import Lugers was priced at $1000? Didn't buy anything, but sold a .357 magnum. My rule is that if I sell a gun, that money can only be used to buy another one I would rather have. Not sure what I am going to get next though.

Unread 03-24-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Rick K
User

I'm here Ted. I jest ain't got nuttin' to say, mostly 'cause I don't know much.

Unread 03-24-2001, 07:23 PM   #4
Marvin
User

Matt,

I can't believe the price of the import Luger was $1000. Several months ago at a local show I saw one dealer with 5-6 imports and he was asking $800 for them. I laughed so hard at that price and said he would never sell them (this was to a friend of mine, not the dealer). Maybe since the imports have dried up, the price is going up????? Can you imagine paying that kind of money for a dip blued pistol? Hey, this is crazy, but if this is the prices that are being asked, it will only make the ones we have increase in value. The only problem is buying more! What type Luger was the $1000 import, condition, etc.?

Marvin

Unread 03-24-2001, 09:47 PM   #5
Dok
RIP

The Dok is in Massachusetts, going shooting tomorrow... YEA!!!!

Unread 03-24-2001, 10:52 PM   #6
BILL
User

Default Imported pistols @ $1000

Yes, it's an easy process to follow: if someone is actually selling (and getting) $1000 for dip blued imports (because there are no more to be had) then the price of the imports that people already have will go up (should you choose to sell them). I think if the demand to just own a Luger pushes the prices of imports up it will have little appreciable effect on the collector grade Lugers. IMHO most minty collector grade pistols are probably close to being maxed out in value. Understanding that this is going to create a stir in the collector community ponder for a second how little the price of a $2500 pistol (in 1991) has risen in the last ten years. Ten years ago no one was paying $400 for mismatched, dip blued parts guns. It just wasn't happening. People were paying upwards of $2000 for military artillerys, though. I can see the bottom end rolling upwards without necessarily pushing the top end any higher. What do y'all think?

Unread 03-24-2001, 11:08 PM   #7
Ted
User

Did you decide on a pistol to rent? Just curious! Ted

Unread 03-24-2001, 11:22 PM   #8
Matt
User

Marvin,

I didn't look at it closely. I saw the price tag and then noticed import markings on the barrel. After that, I walked away, not wanting to waste my time. It had the "bullseye" plastic grips and I think the toggle was DWM. The finish was a dark black/blue. Maybe there's a sucker out there somewhere?

Unread 03-24-2001, 11:55 PM   #9
RET
User

Default Just lurking in the background, as usual. :) (E

Unread 03-25-2001, 07:52 AM   #10
Marvin
User

Default Re: Imported pistols @ $1000

Bill,

You bring up some good points about the price of collector Lugers. On the lowere end of the collector Lugers range, they are selling in the $900-1200 range now (more common Lugers) and if the import marked pistols start reaching into the $700-800 range, on an average, I could see these lower end collector Lugers going up proportionaly to the $1200-1500 range. I know that many of these pistols are selling there now, but I feel they will creep up in value more than normal.

Lugers are funny about pricing; you see a common 1939 Luger for sale in 98% condition and a dealer will ask $1800 for it. If you look around and shop wisely, you can get the same condition pistol for $1200. An odd hobby we have where there are no set rules. Just a few of my thoughts.

Marvin

Unread 03-25-2001, 02:30 PM   #11
Dok
RIP

Default Renting pistol...

I'll have to see what they have when I get there, but undoubtedly something in a 9mm Gotta keep my skills up in that caliber now don't I? I'll let you know how it went. Cheers for now... Dok

Unread 03-25-2001, 02:30 PM   #12
Milt Keller
User

Default Re: Just lurking in the background, as usual. :)

Dear All,

I have a place here that sells Lugers at VERY reasonable prices...$550-$895, for very well maintained pistols. The only problem is, I have a spouse that sees no reason why anyone in their right mind would want any more than 2 Lugers! Like W.C. Fields once said, "Women are like elepahants, I like lookin' at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one" After 30 years with the same woman, she still has not changed her mind about firearms!....but, I still love her just the same.

Have a great eweek!

Milt

Unread 03-25-2001, 08:20 PM   #13
Jesse
User

Default same for me ,Just lurking in the background, as usual.