LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-23-2001, 09:59 AM   #1
Ted
User

Default GT's Navy-Range Report

Firing that beauty today at 25, 100 and 200 meters this afternoon! I love my job! Ted

Unread 03-23-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
Ted
User

Default Re: GT's Navy-Range Report

Well enough of the "Spellun B" I have a Luger to go shoot! BIS SPAETER!! Herr Gruen!

Unread 03-24-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
Ted
User

Well good and bad on this one. The good is I fired a box of ammo through it, 115gr PMC FMJ, no misfeeds, no misfires, no misejects. Accurate Luger but front and rear sights are a mismatch in height . Forget about doing much but shooting OVER the target with this on. At 25 meters it strikes about 9-10" high! At 200 meters it was grouping around 8" and striking about 1' High with the 100 meter setting. Wonder if one of the old Marble Beads sight would be high enough. Lowering the rear sight would work, but WHO in their right mind would muck up a real Navy two Position sight. Perhaps MARTZ could add a higher block under the front sight. That might work! Anyway, this Luger was the nicest looking pistol we shoot and I did manage to hit a bowling pin at 100 meters with the second shot at it! This gun has potentional but really need the sights worked on! Ted

Unread 03-24-2001, 07:52 PM   #4
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts

Hi Ted! Thats just what I figured it would do, as far as high at 25! I didn't think it would be so close to on at 100 yards......wonder what an original navy would do at a 100! Thanks Ted for the great work and function test, can't wait to see it up close! I am working on a sight fix as we speak! till....later....G.T.

Unread 03-24-2001, 08:29 PM   #5
Ted
User

Sight fix? That is super GT! Shame to see this beauty not work right! It sure has potential, it was shooting OVER the 200 Meter target with the sights adjusted to the lowest position, this baby is zeroed for the 500 Meter range (not really but sure seems like it) We still plan to see you next weekend for delivery! ROAD TRIP, just got to do this before the heat hits (I know.....I know) it already has!!

UGGGGHHHHH!!!