LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-20-2001, 10:18 AM   #1
vinnie

Default new to the board question...

My grandfather who has just passed away a short time ago has left me a luger from WWII. The story he used to tell me was that when he was in the Army he took the pistol off of a german officer that he took prisinor. I believe the calibur is the 7.65mm but not too sure. I havent recieved the pistol as of yet, and was wondering if someone with more knowledge of this subject could tell me what I might have and even show me a picture, it has been at least 10 years since I have seen the pistol.

thanks

vinnie

Unread 03-20-2001, 10:28 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Vinnie, visit the owner corner pages

and you will see samples of many types of Lugers. Although it is possible that your Luger is 7,65mm (or .30 cal Luger)The chances are that your Luger will be most likely 9mm if it was a WW2 pistol.

When you get your inherited Luger, go to the technical information pages here and print out one of the identification sheets that the forum has, and when you have all the information that the ID sheet asks for you can post it here and one of us will be glad to tell you what you have and give you an approximate value.

Regardless of it's dollar value I am sure you will treasure the final gift from your grandfather for the rest of your life. With care you can enjoy it to the fullest and still pass it on to your grandchildren.

Welcome to the forum... Come back often.. We will be glad to help.

-John

Unread 03-20-2001, 08:06 PM   #3
Mark
Banned

Default Re: new to the board question...

Gruss Gott,Vinnie!

I'm no expert by any stretch of the word or of

the most fanciful imagination,but in addition to

John's excellent advice you might also want to take

a look at the book "Lugers At Random" by Charles

Kenyon,Jr. if you have access to it(friend,library,

ect.).It's loaded with pictures and gives one a good starting point to begin fielding more in depth questions which I'm sure one or more of the gents

on this forum will be capable of answering in a fairly complete and personal(extra added bonus of

asking here as opposed to merely looking up "facts")

manner.Enjoy your grandfather's gift!

Tschuss! Mark

Unread 03-20-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
vinnie

Default Re: new to the board question...

thanks for the responses...i will get the book...

Unread 03-21-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
Tracy

Default Holster Repairs

Just received my March issue of AutoMag. Charlie Justman said that he had purchased all of Frank DeMauro's leather repair equipment. For those that do not know Frank was considered one of the best leather workers around and could work wonders with his repairs, he died last year. Anyhow Charlie has someone now doing his repairs and said that the quality equals that of Franks. Charlie can be reached at 715-258-6945 or CheckPointCharlies@execpc.com he also has a web site at WWW.checkpointcharlies.com. I have done business with Charlie over the years and he is a good guy to work with.