LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-25-2001, 03:48 PM   #1
Leigh Tenenholtz

Default side plate needed

Hi

I'm looking for a stamped side plate with the number "66" on the side. Have #"58" to trade or buy outright. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Unread 03-25-2001, 04:52 PM   #2
Kyrie
User

Default Re: side plate needed

Hi Leigh,

There are two concerns with what it appears you are proposing. Firstly the replacement of a non-original part with yet another non-original part that appears to match will not result in an all original, and matched, Luger. Rather it will result in a faked pistol.

There are also safety and functional issues here. There was a lot of hand fitting done with Lugers and replacing any part of the trigger-sear linkage may result in a pistol that refuses to fire, or fires suddenly and unexpectedly.

Best regards,

Kyrie

Unread 03-25-2001, 09:43 PM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

Try Tom Heller on this forum. Tom has a good assortment of parts and may be able to help you find the number you need.

Unread 03-26-2001, 12:34 AM   #4
BILL
User

And, since you are here..visit the Classifieds..maybe leave a 'wanted' add. Being a very satisfied customer due to our own classified section, I highly recommend it.

Unread 03-26-2001, 08:31 AM   #5
tom heller

Default Re: side plate stock

Johnnie, Original PO8 side plate seem to be the most difficult item for me to find and keep in stock. Right now I only have #82 & #96 late production Mausers in stock, plus several commerically numbered DWM and new repros. My only source of originals is parting out whole mismatched pistols. I'd also be a quanity buyer of unrenumbered originals if any of your have unneeded spares that you would like to trade in.