LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-20-2001, 03:27 PM   #1
Ted
User

Default NAPCA

Annual membership fees for NAPCA, The National Automatic Pistol Collectors Association, are due right now. Now is a good time to join if anyone is interested. Bob Tracy, Tom Armstrong and Marvin Cook are very active members. I have only been a member for a couple of years myself. Lots of good information being shared between memebers and they have collection grade weapons for sale occasionally. You need a sponser (some that can vouch for you being a character) and $45. They put out a monthly newsleter "Auto Mag" and have conventions and get togethers. Great organization. Ted

Unread 03-20-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
Pete

Default Re: NAPCA

Ted: Roger NAPCA membership!! Well worth the $45 dues. Lots of information in the newsletter. Pete

Unread 03-20-2001, 06:07 PM   #3
Tracy

I can not say enough about NAPCA we have over 750 members all over the world and many of the of the great books you all have been reading and citing have been written by NAPCA members. Jan Still, Charlie Kenyon, Warren Buxton, Clive Law,and Joe Schroder are just a few who have written highly recognized reference books. Than we have guys like Ralph Shattuck, Tom Heller, Bob Simpson and other dealers who also belong and provide a wealth of information about firearms. The annual get togethers in Kansas City and other regional areas are truly worthwhile. Ehere else can you find a bunch of grown men sitting on the floor discussing the proper mag for a P 38. Or the get togethers in the hotel rooms where individuals congregate to discuss their favorite weapon be it the Luger, Broomhandle, P 38 or many of the lesser known but historical firearms. I wait like a kid for my Monthly issue of "AutoMag" and read all articles even those that I have no interest in collecting just to learn more about the history of a firearm and maybe fine one of the rare ones at a show some time. NAPCA depends like the Forum on the interchange of information and ideas.

Unread 03-20-2001, 06:19 PM   #4
Marvin
User

When the monthly issue of "Auto-Mag" arrives I read it completely before putting it down. There is so much research done by the members that it is hard to believe. At the end of the year, an index is issued for that year and this allows you to do research. When I have a question I go to the past issues and research there first because the information is the most current available. Well worth the money to join!

marvin

Unread 03-20-2001, 06:30 PM   #5
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Ted/Pete - Joining NAPCA....

Ted and Pete,

How does one join NAPCA? Is there a website? Snail mail address? Application form?

Thanks in advance..

John D.

Unread 03-20-2001, 06:41 PM   #6
Ted
User

Default Re: Ted/Pete - Joining NAPCA....

You need to get a sponser to mail you an application form

Unread 03-20-2001, 07:55 PM   #7
Marvin
User

John,

Send me your address on my e-mail and I will get a signed application form in the mail to you. This is a great organization which you will not be disappointed in joining.

marvin

Unread 03-20-2001, 10:05 PM   #8
Tracy

Contact Tom Knox at lonewolf@inlink.com Tom is the Editor of AutoMag and the President of NAPCA. He can help you out with the necessities.. The address for NAPCA is

NAPCA

POB 15738

Tower Grove Station

St. Louis, MO 63163

Unread 03-22-2001, 08:49 PM   #9
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Thanks Marvin..!!!

Of course, one person who shall remain "nameless" (BUT, who is on this Board a lot more then me, and posts faster then he can pull the trigger on a Luger ) e-mailed me about 3 minutes after my post above - and has a form in the mail to me..

Thanks anyway for the offer - and I sincerely hope that some other Board Member asks to be sponsored, as I've heard that NAPCA is well worth the small membership price...

Thanks!!

John D.

Unread 03-22-2001, 10:18 PM   #10
Ted
User

Default Re: Thanks Marvin..!!!

Sorry for being too quick! Marvin was my sponser and a good friend!

Unread 03-23-2001, 12:39 PM   #11
Ted
User

Default Re: Thanks John! Trigger happy

Maybe I should change my posting name to "QUICKS DRAW"