LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 08-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
The Wizard
User

Post 7,62 mm Barrel Drawing

I am in the process of developing an AutoCad drawing for a 120 mm long 7,62 mm barrel for the Model 1906 and P08 (short frame). I have had to merge the barrel design from the Model 1900 and P08 inorder to come up with this drawing. I have been unsuccessful in locating a drawing showing a Model 1906 American Eagle barrel. I would like to publicly thank Herr Reinhard Kornmayer without whom this project would be still dead in the water.
Interesting piece of information from barrel drawing for the Model 1900: bore diameter in mm is 7,66-7,62; groove diameter in mm is 7,91-7,87.
The Wizard
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
War is an act of force and to the application of that force there is no limit! So say the philosophers (Carl von Clausewitz b 1780 d 1831) of war.
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Hey Wiz,

Just out of curiosity... are you working in 2-D or 3-D... It just so happens that I am an old AutoCAD user myself with about 12 years of design experience with the software... (the term "old" refers to me... and not the age of the software )

I would love to add your Luger barrel .dwg files to my collection of Luger drawings when you are done, especially if they are rendered in 3-D.

Thanks,

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
The Wizard
User

John,
Right now I am drawing it in 2-D. I would love to do it as a solid model but my computer is just not powerful enough to support the model. I taught AutoCad at Denver Technical College for seven years. I have a copy of SolidWorks that they say is easier to do model in but I have not gotten into that program. If I was to do it as a solid model I am not sure how to handle the riflings and threads. I do have a loading tool and an artillery cleaning rod drawn as solid model. Did start a firing pin in 3-D but never got to far on it. The barrel drawing may take awhile as I head back to Trinidad, Colorado Sunday to start my second year of gunsmithing courses. I will try to send you a privete message with tool and rod drawinds attached.
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
War is an act of force and to the application of that force there is no limit! So say the philosophers (Carl von Clausewitz b 1780 d 1831) of war.
The Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
Strider
User

Hi Wizard, I am also interested in the Autocad drawing that you create. That is the primary program I use every day. I have been attempting to create a drawing of the trigger but have not had the time to finish it. Hopefully I can get this done this year. Thanks.
Sid.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote