LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 07-24-2002, 12:03 AM   #1
KEN
User

Post byf 42 infomation needed

I have several pics of a byf 42 I am attempting to help sell for a friend. I would like to be able to e-mail one of the more "knowledgeables" these pics to help evaluate the gun so that it can be posted for sale, either on the classified board or one of the auction boards. The gun is in approximately 98% overall condition with one correct mag. Pictures will show there is no wear whatsoever on the feed ramp or the face of the bolt. The gun appears to be virtually unfired, and may never have been fired since it left the factory. I would like to have it myself, but it belongs in a collection. Otherwise I might be tempted to turn it into a shooter. [img]eek.gif[/img] Perish the thought! Anyway, if anyone is willing to help me out, my e-mail address is kenglewis@yahoo.com. You can contact me via my e-mail address and I can e-mail the pics I have. TIA

Ken
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2002, 04:07 AM   #2
G.W. Gill
User

Hi Ken, I have Byf #6229H , also the rig it came with. Mine has very little wear with it also. The muzzle from shooting is not new, nor is the sharp points on the sideplate. The gripstraps show wear grey from use from me and the guy who had it. The holster is great except it is battle worn on the end (DLU) Maybe we can exchange pictures. My toggle has maschine marks on the part that has the BYF nd 42 .From what I read not all have the bakelite grip and magbotoms,
but the guys on this web site are trying to put together a photo collection of the real thing before thihgs get all mixed up. My Luger is not mixed up so if you want to compare give me a shout on the message board. P.S, We are having problems understanding the camera and the computer.Please be patient it could take a while.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2002, 11:43 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Ken and G.W. Gill, I would appreciate it if you could email photos of your Lugers when you have made them, to me at john.m.sabato@saic.com...

Thanks...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2002, 12:29 PM   #4
Aaron
Banned

Just FYI, the last three byf 42 pistols I have bought in the last six months cost as follows:

99% sold for $1250
98% sold for $1000
97% sold for $850

All with one perfect FXO plastic bottom clip (no chips) and with perfect BW grips.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote