LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 03-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
CJS57
User

Default Swiss Bern/DWM Matching 9mm 4 3/4" & Alphabet Serial!

Please help with the this Luger that just sold at auction. What is it? Is the Morphy Auction description accurate, did Bern assemble 10 0dd ball guns from parts? I have the gun in to me on consignment. The barrel does not look refinished. The frame (1906 Style Type 3 long frame) has pitting under the blue so it is refinished as is the rear toggle link and the barrel extension. Doesn't look like a modern mechanic's made up gun because of very nice workmanship. It is 9mm 4 3/4" and is not rebored the barrel is fatter than a .30 cal. and has good original witness marks.
All matching numbers. Help please! Note: I now find it is listed in Dwight's Commercial database as a "Fake Bern". I don't see how anyone is trying to fake anything here? To fake it they would have had to get a lot of Swiss Military un-numbered parts and then number them to match? The serial number is stamped on the top of the barrel near the receiver. Is this serial placement ever seen on Swiss military or commercial guns? Where did the Swiss Military 9mm barrel come from? Why would anyone try to create a 9mm Swiss Bern fake? Maybe it is just a gun assembled a long time ago using leftover parts and by a very good mechanic?

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/...lot447202.aspx

CJS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
CJS57
User

More pictures

CJS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to CJS57 for your post: