LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-21-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
Paul (Pete) Tibbs

Default Luger Identification

I need some help identifing a Luger I own. It is clearly marked DWM on top of the toggle, under the barrel is a small crown with the letter N under it, serial #6421 (and all numbers seem to match on pistol), and a "O" with tails on it under the serial number. The barrel length is only appr. 3-13/16" from bolt face to end of barrel. The end of the frame has the full serial number and the modified "O", and Germany in very small letters. The safety lever has Gesichert marked on the frame. It has dark brown wooden grips and clip end(which also has Germany stamped in it). The crown & N is also found on the frame and toggle areas. The weapon cannot be cycled with the safety on and does have the hold open device. It is a 7.65 (.30 Luger) caliper. It has a lanard ring on rear of frame, no grip safety, but does have a stock lug. No markings over chamber area at all. Blueing and finish is appr. 90%, chamber and rifleing are in very good condition.

Any help in identifing and appr. value would be greatly helpful. I'm a very advid hunter and shooter, I love all guns of any type, but I really love any old guns. I got this wonderful piece with a Walther P-38 passed down to me from my father, the only scuttlebutt history I have is the they were supposed to have been brought back to the States by an uncle during WWII?

Thank you for any info you can provide!