LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
padredan
User

Default The Newtown Ct shooting A dark day in our history

Today 20 young school children and seven others were shot and killed at a elementry school , we as responsible gun owners and collectors know there will be fallout from this shooting, but let us remember the victims and their families at this time. Keep them in your prayers and thoughts Allso remember the survivors and all those that are struggling with this horrible act of violence ,words cannot convey the sense of loss that has effected those involved in this , May God grant them grace.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
padredan
User

there are bits and peices coming out on the tragedy so far The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. , this still does not take away the pain and suffering of those involved, but we as resposible gun owners need to know how the guns that were used were attained. Keep all the victims and their familes in your prayers.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

My prayers go to the families of the deceased, and to the surviving children who saw too much.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It was very hard watching tonight's national news, especially all the drive-by Media out for a news story, have they no shame!!!! We live in one very sick society today....Twenty innocent little lives wasted. I truely feel for the families for their loss and forever pain.......................
NoncomRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

I work with a Gun Rights group in North Carolina. It seems that the hysteria that is rising around this horrible tragic incident is now being fueled by our Washington Politicians.

The truth is that a Federal law (the Gun Free School Zones act) passed in 1990; declared unconstitutional in 1995 and re-enacted in slightly modified form in 1996 has enabled 5 times the number of annual school incidents and more than three times the annual loss of life.

- These criminals ignore all laws that normal citizens respect. Adam Lanza broke a large number of them.
- Criminals can predict that they will not be opposed while they slaughter our children at schools.
- More of the same lawmaking will not solve this problem. Protection Free Zones are just that - and violent criminals only respond to immediate opposing force.

I also share the grief for those that have lost loved ones, and disgust for the person that did this.

Marc
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
wayne8661
User

I am a father of a young boy and this sickens me to no end. I will be sending many prayers out to the victims and their families. What a sin.
wayne8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerick View Post

- These criminals ignore all laws that normal citizens respect. Adam Lanza broke a large number of them.

Marc

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
padredan
User

The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. take note the weapons were legal and still used to murder these children and others plus their owner.
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #9
wlyon
Lifer 2X
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,519 Times in 939 Posts

Right now we should only be thinking of the victims , their families , the community and our Nation. Our thoughts and prayers to all. Bill
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
padredan
User

Roger that, i was letting other information side track me from the main issue, which is praying for the victims and their familes. I believe all on this forum will agree on that.
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by padredan View Post
The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. take note the weapons were legal and still used to murder these children and others plus their owner.
We are going to be hearing there is a simple solution - ban all guns.
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
SteveM
User

I think of those folks and the loss of their children then think of my 2 grown daughters and how grateful I am that they were allowed to be kids and grow into young adults.

That being said, gun control worked here, everyone was unarmed except the shooter.

No guns available, no problem:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12...est=latestnews

or this:

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.an...e/disaster.htm
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

As a 20 year old, the evil murderer in this incident did not have legal possession of his mother's firearms. 21 is the minimum age.

He also did not legally bring them onto the school campus.

As no school official had authorized a Connecticut CCW holder to carry on the school campus (permitted by Connecticut law), there was nobody there to stop him.

I mourn the loss caused by this act of evil. I hope that the victims that are still living can find peace.

Marc
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
Steve Lempitski
User

Sick thing is I have feared something like this...2 weeks ago I mentioned to a few buddies it is a little disturbing how everywhere the mainstream media has picked up on this Dec 21st crap. Even National Geographic channel, an educational channel, with shows such as "Doomsday Preppers" and Mayan prophecy end of the world scenario shows. All this is doing is setting a fatalistic tone for these mentally challenged people who believe this and setting a timeline for them to "settle" their made up grudges.
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
padredan
User

Perhaps, we struggle with answers as to why? Only the mind of one so depraved as the shooter can answer, we are truly a nation in mourning. Let us continue to pray and that those that have survived can one day overcome this.
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Steve Lempitski
User

In 1994 living in WI, I was the first person on the scene of a policeman killed by a father and son team during their get-away from a bank robbery. The events of yesterday have brought back that day and those images which have been running through my head since yesterday. Bad enough I saw this at age 29...nevermind 5-10 which the survivors are. Pray for these children as well that they get the lifelong therapy they will need to deal with these memories.
Unread 12-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
drbuster
User

The real issue here, IMO, is the mind set of the perpetrator, who must have been very deranged and very full of anger. We may never know the fine details, but the problem of mental illness today is bigger than ever. The availability of guns simply lets such a sick person "vent"his anger more easily. This tragic event is just a symptom of poor recognition and treatment of mental illness in this country, not to mention the general breakdown of the family unit. Did the news mention whether this Lanza monster had a father?
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to drbuster for your post:
Unread 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

The real issue besides grieving for the loss of innocents is why were these weapons and ammunition not secured?
This fellow apparently had Asperger syndrome and the Mother was aware of it and it's symptoms. If this proves to be the case.. leaving the weapons of mass destruction available to a person with this type of mental problem is the height of stupidity. Irrisponsible weapons security seems to have cost her her life.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

When I'm out and about I am always sciencious of what's going on around me, force of habit I guess. Today I saw alot more mother's and father's out with their little kids holding on to them as to never letting them go. It was hard watching them and knowing the reason why they were spending time together today more than usual.
Unread 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Much or the tragety has yet to be witten! Next will be anger directed at those who are perceived as those with any bit responsible! History has shown not much can be done to protect ourselves against a madman with a self believed mandate. I'm sure the entire assault was filmed on closed cameras. I hope!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote