LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 11-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
solman
New User

Default newbe help!!

hey folks, i got a 1915 DWM luger with a bad breech block, I just got banged on ebay (demmilled) on a breech block, can anyone here point me in the right direction for a breechblock/toggle assy for my baby????
cheers
solman
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
policeluger
RIP

Get a hold ot Lugerdoc Tom Heller, conact through "Links & Resources" on the left hand side of this screen, or hold on and he will eventually log on and be able to help you.....welcome!
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

What's the serial number of the pistol?
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
Gary H
User

I'm also new to the forum, having joined only last week. Now I understand that matching serial numbers are very important, but are some serial numbers in and of themselves more desirable than others?
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
policeluger
RIP

GH...I think the short answer is no...but serial number can and most often do play an important role it telling if the gun is correct, or a made up gun to fool someone, having a correct place in production or not....hope this is of some starting help and welcome to the forum.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2005, 03:28 AM   #6
solman
New User

the serial # is 6526 letter des 'c'. DWM 1915. i got it and a 98k off a estate sale, soaked it in oil, got the cob webs out of it and took it and the '98 out
to the range, went thru say 40 rounds, then 'click' the little notch in the back of the breech block that holds the firing pin assy in just snapped off.
i only paid 500 for the weapon, so im not really out, but it went from a all matching early ww1, (less clip) to a shooter. thanks for the info, ill try to contact tom. collectors ask more but the quality is good im my experience,im done with the russian rulette deal on ebay. this girl is the smoothest luger ive owned. i do want to shoot it. gary, PL is right. i collect german mauser rifles and it more a thing of how many they made of a certain code than serial, maybe if you got one thats number 1 or somthing,
or a 'cool' that you show to other collectors, like 666 or something wierd.
a dual strike,ect... watch fakes. they are all over german stuff. i only bought this cause i knew the guy who bought the rifle and pistol off the old gents family. oh well i have a little ppk walther .380 i can plink with. thanks for the info!!!
Unread 11-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #7
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Solman, If the tip of your firing pin retainer broke/wore off, that an easy fit for an original retainer @$20 or a new Mauser one @$15. If in fact, the hole in the rear of your breech block is no longer perfectly round, you are looking at minimum $75 for a replacement or repair. If the PO8 is collector grade & matching, you may want to have BB repaired to keep it that way. TH