LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 12-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #21
Penzzz
User

Default Older Fiocchi Ammo

rhuff,
Yes, my box is tan with a brown square on the front. Inside the brown square the ammo size is noted as "7,65". Troy from Fiocchi informed me all of the ammo we're speaking about is manufactured in the same plant, in Italy. I'm going to guess the caliper designation on your box is "7.65" and that box was distributed in the America market. I'm guessing the tan box was originally distributed through the Europe market. Only speculation, not backed up by Fiocchi.

Don,
Originally I wrote to david@fiocchiusa.com (as per fiocchiusa.com website) and all follow-on correspondence was via service@fiocchiusa.com. My case hasn't been cleared up yet, so please don't reference this discussion.

Keep in mind that there are individuals contributing to Luger forums who have no problem with the most recent iteration of Fiocchi's Luger ammo, the black/charcoal striped box.

If you search around you'll find there is a Fiocchi website in the U.K.. My request for assistance from that site resulted in no response.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Last edited by Penzzz; 12-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Penzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #22
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,347 Times in 2,038 Posts

Thanks Jeff,
That does help. I won't screw up your case.

I'm one of the guys who has had good results with Fiocchi black box but 93g JSP not ball.

Headed to the range today with two .30 lugers and five kinds/brands of ammo. I'll see
how these shake out.

All this may have more to do with pistol/mag combination than ammo.

But I have first hand knowledge of at least one .30 Comm. that belonged to me, that worked fine with the Fiocchi soft point mentioned above, but when sold to another guy who had Fiocchi black box ball, it would not function except as single shot! Got it back and it still worked fine with my JSP ammo. What a mystery to un-ravel.

Thanks again for your posts.
Unread 12-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #23
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Here is my contribution...Two boxes, gray w/brown rectangle (shown next to a tan box of 5.56mm for color comparison), bought from Midway just before the ammunition ban [2013?].

There are no numbers inside or outside the boxes other than the barcode number. Nothing on the end flap, inside or out; nothing on the inside body.

I have not fired any from a Luger; they were for chamber size/fit testing & headspacing 7.65 Parabellum in a Star BM, a Colt Gov't Model, and a Walther P1.

Green lacquer primer sealer; OAL is ~1.124"; cannelure crimped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fiocchi.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	54719  

Attached Images

sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #24
Penzzz
User

The Fiocchi 7,65 box I'm describing as tan with a brown square is the same as pictured by sheepherder, however my box has lot number information printed inside one of the end flaps.

Jeff
Unread 12-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #25
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penzzz View Post
. I'm going to guess the caliper designation on your box is "7.65" and that box was distributed in the America market. I'm guessing the tan box was originally distributed through the Europe market. Only speculation, not backed up by Fiocchi.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

This sounds like a solid explanation for why we have the "same' 7.65 Para ammo in a different colored box. Mine is exactly like the ammo box shown by sheepherder, and mine does have the lot # on the inside of one flap, which is why I reported that my lot was the same as yours.

We have a mystery involving Europe and the USA.... and who knows where else!!
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #26
Penzzz
User

Just for clarification, the box I described as tan is just like the gray box described and pictured by sheepherder. So officially mine is a gray box with the brown square on the front, not the tan (smaller) box in the lower right of sheepherder's picture. I recently purchased some Winchester Western 7.65 ammo (white box) and it cycles perfectly (like my gray box Fiocchi) in my Luger. Both cycled well with the original magazine and a new Mec-Gar magazine I bought.

Having obtained working 7.65 ammo for my Luger, I requested that Fiocchi send me .380 ammo to replace the black box Luger ammo I had returned. They were happy to do so.

All is well!

Jeff
Unread 01-13-2016, 03:27 AM   #27
alvin
User

I threw the Fiocchi ammo box away.. cannot remember its color being black, or grey... black maybe. The ejected cartridge case that I saved looks same as the one showing by sheepherder.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #28
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penzzz View Post
Just for clarification, the box I described as tan is just like the gray box described and pictured by sheepherder. So officially mine is a gray box with the brown square on the front, not the tan (smaller) box in the lower right of sheepherder's picture. I recently purchased some Winchester Western 7.65 ammo (white box) and it cycles perfectly (like my gray box Fiocchi) in my Luger. Both cycled well with the original magazine and a new Mec-Gar magazine I bought.

Having obtained working 7.65 ammo for my Luger, I requested that Fiocchi send me .380 ammo to replace the black box Luger ammo I had returned. They were happy to do so.

All is well!

Jeff

So glad to hear that you now have a "happy Luger" and are a happy owner. These Lugers can really be ammo sensitive, as you have discovered. Apparently then, Fiocchi does not change ammo box color with identical lot #, depending on where it will ultimately end up.....good to know.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote