LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 10-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
errkola
New User

Default DDR reworked P08 pricing

I found a couple of east german reworked Lugers at a local shop and being a newbie to P08 collecting I need to get the opinions of the knowledgeable about market pricing of these weapons so I can avoid buyer's remorse. I am a DDR collector in general and have decided to add one or 2 of these fine pistols to my collection. So what is the range for a nice DDR rework with 90%+ blue and 2 matching magazines? Assume it is a restamped mixed part gun with a new DDR barrel and "bullseye" grips, as it seems most of them are. No holster. Thank you!

ps, oh yes, if anyone has Marschall's book "HANDGUNS OF THE ARMED ORGANIZATIONS OF THE SOVIET OCCUPATION ZONE AND GERMAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC" I would buy it.
errkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,205 Posts

Errkola,

Smart decision. The DDR (VoPo) guns are still undervalued and underappreciated and will go up eventually.

As far as I know, apart from a small series of 'new production' frames, the prices are still pretty much 'shooter' prices.

Holsters are still easy to find (and again, relatively cheap). You may want to look out for an early postwar P08 holster, produced in the DDR.

Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Schupo
User

VP pistols are becoming collectable but not all of them are equal. The more original parts the more valuable. The correctly armorer force matched parts are important as opposed to the parts-is-parts guns that were put together by importers. I agree that they are still in the shooter price range unless they have some interesting property markings.
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,528 Times in 787 Posts

I have sold super nice ones in the $900-$1200 range.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
errkola
New User

Thanks for the replies, they are helpful. Shooters go for what, $500-$1000? I have been a collector of other martial firearms for years but slow to get into Lugers due to the intimidating complexity of it all.
errkola is offline   Reply With Quote