LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 12-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #21
unspellable
User

Not only will your gun be confiscated, they are likely to take an engraver to it so they can identify it in the property room. Then they wire a tag to it so as to scar up the finish some more. (Makes you wonder what the hell the serial number is for, doesn't it?) I had a revolver returned from the police property room with all the details of the case engraved on it with one of those electro buzzers. I had to go down and raise hell to get it back too, this after many months.

And for God's sake make sure you are using factory loads. If you load your own hollow points you will be portrayed as a blood thirsty killer looking for an excuse to shoot somebody.

Second problem: The off duty police types can carry a 45 or what ever, but in the case of us civilians, if we accidentally flash, good bye CCP. We are obliged to pack mouse guns. For which reason I have a damn good 32 ACP loaded with silver tips, a mini mini 9 mm, and and a really mini mini 40 S&W when I can carry the weight.

In a revolver, the 357 Mag will actually outperform the 44 mag for social occasions. The 44 mag dumps too much energy on the far side of the target and is better for deer hunting.

Hardball is strictly for military usage, or for those in New Jersey. There is no significant statistical difference in performance between a 9 mm and a 45 using hardball. Quite contrary to all the hearsay about what a manstopper the 45 is supposed to be. This was another case of cut out the hearsay and gather some real evidence, such as simply counting up the percentage of one shot stops with both calibers. Bottom line is no hardball load is a good stopper. In the Phillipines in the early 1900's they complained the 30-40 hardball load from a rifle wouldn't stop 'em.

That 32 ACP silvertip will match a 45 hardball for percentage of one shot stops.

Now if you just load that 45 with the flying ash can cover load, that's another story for another time...
unspellable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2002, 09:18 PM   #22
Thor
User

[quote]Thor; your P.38 is "almost" as beautiful as the BYF 44 you did for me! Is that factory blue, or is it one you rust blued? It is indeed BEAUTIFUL!!
Lonnie <hr></blockquote>

You mean like this one Lonnie.

Yours was rust blued, the other was salt blued and it is MINE!!!!
Started out as a old phosphate blue (see picture)

Thor "747" P.38 BEFORE Picture Click Here
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote