LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 07-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
sotexjay
User

Default Walther HP

Hey All. Recently put up a commercial Walther HP for sale. The price was @ $1000.00 less than other comparable HP's being offered. I'm curious why this pistol didn't sell. Is it the economy? Was the price unfair? Thanks.
sotexjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Olle
User

I was actually curious about that one, but I don't think anybody would buy a $2,000 gun without being sure about the condition and variation. There's several variations of the HP, and you can't (or at least I can't) figure out which one you have. Resizing the pictures and giving more info on the gun would definitely help.

It seems like you posted the Photobucket thumbnails instead of the actual pictures, so you can try and post the pictures again, using the "attach file" button to upload the files directly from your hard drive.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

You might have better responses on our sister site dedicated to Walthers -

http://forums.p38forum.com/forums/index.php

I didn't check there; if you're already a member & posted your HP, then more/better pics are essential...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
sotexjay
User

I mentioned the problems I had posting photos. The photos came out correctly on Jan Still's site. Many people frequent both sites. I guess my question was: Is it the economy, or a problem or question with the pistol? I thought the pistol was VERY nice and a HUGE bargain. In the end I guess it doesn't matter I was just curious. Thanks.
sotexjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexjay View Post
I mentioned the problems I had posting photos. The photos came out correctly on Jan Still's site. Many people frequent both sites.
But http://forums.p38forum.com/forums/index.php is not Still's site; it's a P38 site (and other Walthers) primarily. People there are more familiar with the rarer variations of the P38. Just as people here are more knowledgeable about Lugers, they are Walther enthusiasts. Apples & orangutans.

Many people (me included) frequent all three sites (and the ARFCOM Luger/Mauser/Walther forum as well) but are not discerning enough to know the difference between a P38 and a Walther HP. Or what the relative value is. Some don't care - they're not into that line of handguns.

Still's site allows several variations of the vBulletin settings that LugerForum doesn't. I run afoul of that fairly frequently.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote