LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I still do nto see where ALL lugers are C&R. I find only the swiss style.

Luger, Mauser Parabellum, semiautomatic pistol, 7.65mm or 9mm Luger, 4 and 6" barrel, Swiss
pattern with grip safety and the American Eagle stamped on the receiver; made from 1970 to

jerry
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #22
alterfritz
User

Thanks Saab Bob , no harm done . I'm just glad to know there was no error in the process and I got it all legally, especially now that the magazines are all working nicely and it shoots well. And yes, mine has an interarms eagle and a grip safety. Is that what swiss style means? Sorry I'm still new to the whole Luger scene.
alterfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #23
alvin
User

I believe 03 FFL transferring C&R handgun to CA being bad, but going via a 01 FFL with extra paperworks and waiting period should still be OK, just more hassle.

Is 03 FFL any use for acquring C&R handgun in CA? if transaction must go via a dealer anyway, 03 sounds useless in this context.

Not my business, just curious.

====

Swiss style refers to triangle shaped straight edge grip in this context. Since you acquired from 01 FFL, he's in this business, licensed, and definitely knew local law, paperworks, etc better than you (even if he did not know Luger details, he'd better know local regulations for his own goodness ). Don't worry.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Yes and No. An FFL03 is not much good by it self inside CA but you can leave the state and buy all you want and bring it back home. In state you also need a COE, Certificate of Eligibility, to go with the FFL03. You still have to do the C&R handgun at a dealer but you can take it with you after the paperwork is done instead of waiting the 10 day cooling off period. You are also exempt from the 1 new handgun per month from a dealer and a new ammo law that just passed so we will be able to still order ammo on line.

jerry
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote