LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 08-30-2004, 12:00 AM   #1
tracyp
User

Unhappy California Gun Control

For those of you who live in California, the legislature is try to pass more gun control laws. AB50, which bans .50 Caliber rifles has reached the Governor's desk. Several others may be there soon. Write your representatives and the Governor ASAP.

All of these bills are sponsored by Democrats, that's why I will never vote for a Democrat.

Tracy
tracyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Herb
User

Tracy, that is exactly why I got out of that state when I retired. Two days ago I recieved my new copy of ATF P5300.5, State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms, and quickly noted that CA has 65 pages of gun laws and Utah has it's usual 3 1/2 pages. I lived there for 27 years and never once that I can remember did that state do anything for me, only to me by adding more and more restrictive laws that further denied my freedom of choice and liberity to act like an adult that can intelligently make the right choice. I seriously urge everyone that lives there to get out when the gettin is good it's only going to get worse. If you don't have this publication you should get a copy it makes for some great reading. As an example, on page one, the Alabama code para 11-80-11 refers to gun shows and states in sub-para (a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordnance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearms components. Wow, does that conflict with CA law??
Unread 08-30-2004, 12:58 AM   #3
minigun
User

California has to be the worst State to live in. Not only is there really weird people there, but Stalinist laws to keep you at bay. The Libs have it won over there. That State will soon fall over its own doing before long. Just my little prediction.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote