LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
VN Vet
User

Default 1940 Mauser 42

I recently purchased a very fine 1940 Mauser 42 P08. I had a friend of mine Richard Sheek, a local collector of German and Japanese Militaria look at it and give me his opinion. He striped it down and took a close look. He told me it has all matching numbers. original salt blueing and very nice condition. It came with a DLU 1942 holster and magazine tool, both with the proper markings. The two magazines, however were fxo E37 with plastic ends that were not issued until 1941 as replacements. What happened to the original magazines only the past history knows. The serial number is 1927, so it is one of the earlier 1940s with only the 42 toggle marking.

It is a very nice firearm with EX blueing, which I would make at 95%+. Richard told me I did not get hurt. I paid full value based on the books I've researched. I am happy with my purchased. I paid a fair price for a very nice P08, IMHO. I bought it from Jack Hundley out of Louisville, KY. We played each other in College Football way back in the late 60s. Cool!

Photos will follow later when I take them. It is cold outside here in INDY and I don't have good light in my small apartment.

Last edited by VN Vet; 01-10-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammer and added words.
VN Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
TooTech
User

Sounds like a nice Luger, I look forward to seeing the pictures.
TooTech is offline   Reply With Quote