LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Announcements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default It's time....

In reading one of my Forums today, I was once again reminded how short life can be. Without any details, it simply reminds me that it's what we do with our time and efforts as to how the legacy of our "success", if there are to be any successes, will be measured.

For that, I've been procrastinating on making this announcement. Personally - I'm not sure why I've been putting it off. Perhaps it's because there is safety in having the excuse "It's not announced", or "I just need to do one last thing", orâ?¦ And frankly - personally - maybe I'm afraid of failing. So - here goes.

As several of you know, Jen and I are building an orphanage in Haiti. We've been working on it for a few years. It's not part of a local church, national syndicate, whatever. In short - and to the point, it's "us" and a few friends, family and benefactors - including one very special person from these Collector sites - they know who they are - thank you!!. We have sanctioned, a 501c3 corporation - Project Rennwish, Inc. And finally - as a few of you know, I just returned from Haiti again - to finalize budgets, contractors, etc. This is what we are doing:
http://www.rennwish.org/
- including a video (it's long, at 11 minutes )

To date - we have purchased 17 acres in Haiti and have 47 children under our care - and are in the midst of building a new main building that, after Phase One is complete - will house up to eighty children. The foundation is complete, the well for water is dug, the road has been roughed out, the education room is named the Natalie L. Streather Education Center (and when the school is built in Phase II along with a community Medical Center - the school will be named the Natalie L. Streather School). Well - you get the idea. This is not a something we'll "do" - but rather - this is something we are doing it right now.

But - now, I'm also asking for your help, comments and support. We want to just "get this done". And no - it's not just "any" orphanage. Like Rennlist - I expect/plan/hope - to build a model community where the children are taught values, ethics and a sense of "self worth". It really is that simple.

The target for end of October of this year is $150,000 - to finish what we have started. So - here are some linksâ?¦

The main Project Rennwish siteâ?¦.....A thread I started in the Member OT Forum some months ago. It's a long thread.
.....A Gallery of pictures from some of the visits to Haiti over the yearsâ?¦
.....A Rennwish thread - to discuss, ask whateverâ?¦.

That's allâ?¦ My sincerest thanksâ?¦ It's been a long road - but somehow, I think we have just started this journey.

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote