LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-09-2001, 12:43 PM   #1
BobH

Default New owner

I am hoping someone can help me. I recently bought my first luger, a DWM 1920 commercial (?) on an auction that I am trying to find out about. SN is 69xx, all matching, it has "n" proofmarks with a crown above it, and "m" on the frame and barrel as well. The stock lug looks like it was ground down however. Was this normal and can you tell me what I should have paid for the pistol. Condition of the bore is excellent and bluing/strawing is about 85%.

Thanks in advance...Bobby

Unread 11-09-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Re: New owner

Congrats on your purchase..!!! Yours does sound like a Commercial - however, before folks can help you out - you need to describe what the "Lug" looks like to make you think it has been ground off?

Here's why... If it has been "ground off", then the Luger has been refinished. Both would effect the value...

However!! If it has no lug - and never had one! - then you have a rework of a early P.08 (the lug was added in 1913 to the "standard Luger" to match the Navy/Artillery frame models - which had the lug). This too - could be correct...

I'm sure we can give you more info as you help us out with what you mean about the lug...

And - welcome to the LugerForum!!