LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 02-20-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
wolfganggo
User

Default Borchardt again .....

my friends
i'm still hunting borchardt related informationes
a NARA research brought me interesting letters and reports, most of them known, but intersting to have originals copied in my files.

interesting to see both hans tauscher sales flyers for the c-93, both around 1898, one priced the c-93 with 50 bucks the second one (i believe the newer one) with 30 bucks.
this first "grey"sales flyer was send with the offer for one- or twothousend guns to flagler, chief ordnance, in spring 1898.

some open things i will ask at this point:
.. is there anyone of you in contact with the land of borchardt guys
.. at hans tauschers sales lists, are there also c-93 serialnumbers listed
.. has anyone an idea about c-93 serialnumbers pinned to a exact point in history/year
.. has anyone of you an idea where i get the page one of the testreport springfield 23, december 1897

regards from austria

wolfganggo

ps.: ron, i tried serveral times to get in touch with you per PM ... unsuccessful
wolfganggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #2
Mauser 712
User

Hi Wolfgang,

Back in the mid 1980's, I used to own a cased Loewe Borchardt serial #63 which came out of Chile where quite a few were sold. When my father was a United Nations diplomat attending a conference in Chile in the early 1990's, he met a guy who had five cased Borchardt pistols for sale all of them having two digit serial numbers in very good condition. Each one was being offered for $5,000 which my father unfortunately made the mistake not to buy at least two of them because they did not look nice to his eyes!

The one that I had for about two years until I traded it for a very rare 'GL' Luger pistol had the owner's name and date 1899 on the case badge, but it does not mean a production date. It only indicates when the pistol was retailed, and I have an early Albrecht Kind (AKAH) catalog that still offers the Borchardt until 1903 which I reckon are the DWM models.

In my opinion, it normally took about 2-3 years for a certain model pistol to start appearing on the market such as the M1900 Luger appearing in 1902 etc. Another example is with M1902 Luger carbines which started to offered in dealer catalogs around 1908.

Continue Enjoying your study of the Borchardt pistols!

Cheers,
Albert
Mauser 712 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Mauser 712 for your post:
Unread 02-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
Mauser 712
User

Hi Wolfgang,

As I browsing through images on my laptop, I remember that I have the original photos of the Loewe Borchardt that was tested by Springfield Armoury. Unfortunately, the photos do not indicate the serial number of the pistol, except that the wooden stock shows the last digit of the serial number with a '2' behind the holster.

Send me a message with your e-mail address and I can send you the images for your archive.

Cheers,
Albert
E-mail: imperialarms.com@gmail.com
Mauser 712 is offline   Reply With Quote