LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 03-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #21
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

GT,
good to hear the "bugs are dying".

In spite of all the negative comments about Eugene, I believe we have to say that he has done what others thought impossible- recreated the 1907 .45 luger.

I seem to remember reading that in the US tests that the original Georg Luger supervised 1907 lugers didn't run 100% either.

Mine had some minor bugs too, but then many of the lugers I have bought were finicky about mags, or ammo, or something.

You slow, careful, and methodic efforts to improve are just what it takes.
Well done!
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #22
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Smile Over reach, proper protocol.....

Hi to all! As to the ongoing Luger .45 thread on this forum, it has come to my attention that perhaps I have committed an error in protocol by suggesting revisions, or describing my findings and other problems concerning the new .45 Lugers, just recently released, to the members here? With the excitement of a new challenge, I sometimes color outside the lines a'bit!
So, I would request, any issues with the .45 Lugers concerning function, safety, warranty, service, repair or parts for these new pistols should be directed, solely and exclusively, to Lugerman Inc. for consideration and / or, repair!
I agree 100% to the above statement, and certainly had no intention of over stepping any already established policy concerning these units. I am not connected to Eugene's service department in any way.
To the contrary, I am very happy to possess one of these wonderful firearms, and am continually impressed with the effort and skill put forth by Eugene to make owning one of these beauties a real possibility for the average guy. My hat is off to Eugene and his team…
If anyone wishes to discuss any Luger problems of any type in private, new or old, relevant or not, I can still be reached at: gctomeks@msn.com
Best to all my Luger family, til….lat’r…..GT...….
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #23
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

My comments repeated here from the "other" .45 luger thread.

GT,
You did nothing wrong.

If Eugene complained to you, he should have done it in the "open" - here on the forum.

You have every "right" and perhaps even an obligation to share your experiences and solutions with other .45 owners.

If Eugene is "sensitive" to such information being public, he should respond to his customers in real time and use the forum to keep them and the rest of the luger fraternity updated.

As I said before, he has done a remarkable job re-creating the .45 luger, and a very un-remarkable job in communication.

JMHO.
Unread 03-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #24
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default .45 threads

Hi Don, Thanks for the note on my post, and, I don't feel as I have done any wrong or harm in posting my experiences with the .45 and I am excited about the prospect of attaining 100% function for my own personal .45 Luger, and will pursue any problems relentlessly! The area that becomes a bit gray is my problem solving gene sometimes gets the better of me and I take on challenges that are not really tasked to me, or I offer advice in an area that it has not been requested?
Eugene has not contacted me directly in either regard, it is just that he is the manufacture and is on the hook for all warranty, parts, repairs and liability that comes with it, and as such should be the starting point for all inquiries as to any issues encountered. This is just professional courtesy, and because of the monumental effort he has put forth, I very much respect that...
As I mentioned earlier, I am always available for all other revision questions and information discoveries that I have been tasked with or that involve non-current production items not associated with any of our members...
That being said, Don has been my co-conspirator in many, many Luger problem solving tasks over the last few years! I am not the least bit shy in saying that as a team, there is very little that we can't overcome in the luger field, old or new... He is my R&D, and we have great fun with it along the way! Best to all, til…..lat'r…...GT.....
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: