LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Unread 03-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #1
Bob in OH
User

Post Apparently Swiss Training Luger in .22

Greetings-- I posted this on the miliary page but thought I'd place it again on the Swiss page after learning a bit more about this piece. Located a .22 Luger trainer that apparently was for a Swiss contract. The following was written by another gent from another Board...

"Manufactured by, Auguste Francotte et Cie , Manufacturie d'Armes Liege, circa 1910. Approximately 150 were made for Glaser Waffen AG, Zurich when the Swiss Ordonnanzpistolen (Luger) 1900 and 1906 were starting to be general issue. I have seen this pistol in the 1911 ALFA catalog and I think there was an example in Ernie Lang's collection and am almost sure I saw it on one of my visits to view his collection."

I guess the real question I have tonight is a range in potential value. Blue looks to be 97% and grips are fantastic with SN 14... Apparently a rare bird and in collectable condition. ANY and all comments are welcome and TIA...Bob

Bob in OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

OH.Bob, Thanks for the nice photos. Those are Belgian proofs are over this "Luger". Tom H.
Unread 04-01-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Hold onto your hat Bob!...

Here is the data from the 2001 Hermann-Historica auction number 40 that included one of these pistols.

Luger-Parabellum Trainingspistole Francotte
Kal. .22 l.r., Nr."32", nummerngleich. Einsch�¼ssig. Kniegelenkverschlu�?. Links am Lauf div. Beschu�?zeichen wie Krone/R, Krone/B und "FL 22 l." Nahezu vollst�¤ndige und neuwertige Br�¼nierung. Dunkelbraune, unbesch�¤digte Nu�?holzgriffschalen mit feiner Fischhaut. Sehr guter Gesamtzustand.
Absolute Rarit�¤t. Wohl nur in einer St�¼ckzahl von ca. 200 von der Fa. Auguste Francotte, Belgien, und vermutlich im Auftrag der Schweizer Waffenhandelsfirmen Glaser und/oder auch Casimir Weber, Z�¼rich, hergestellt. Letztere preist die "Trainingspistole System Weber" in einem Katalog aus dem Jahr 1912 als ad�¤quate �?bungswaffe zur Schweizer Ordonnanz-Parabellum an. Vergl. u.a. Datig, The Luger Pistol, Band 4, The Swiss Variations 1897-1947, S.74 ff. 06148

Luger Parabellum Training Pistol Francotte
Caliber .22 long rifle, number "32", matching numbers. Single-shot. Typical breechblock. On the left side of the barrel various inspection marks like Crown/R, Crown/B, and "FL 22 1". Nearly complete, mint finish. Dark brown, unblemished walnut checkered grips. Very good overall condition. An absolute rarity. Probably only about 200 produced by Messrs. Auguste Francotte, Belgium and handled by the firm Glaser and/or Casimir Weber, Zurich. Last
promoted as the "Training System Weber" in a 1912 catalogue as a satisfactory training weapon for Swiss ordnance-parabellum.

I-II EUR 6.136 DM 12.000

The price was OVER 6,136 Euro's or 12,000 Deutschmarks... I will let you do the conversion to dollars math yourself after you quit hyperventilating

Here is the URL to the web page from that auction:

http://www.hermann-historica.com/his...on/lot/105.htm

I would handle it very carefully and don't shoot it anymore!

Congrats!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
Bob in OH
User

Holy HOLY MACKERAL....I thought this one might be a sleeper but WOW!! Thanks John!!! for tracking this down.

The Euro/$US converstion is close enough to 1:1 that I can do the math. Yikers!!! Now comes the challenge to find the serious investor who would like to add SN14 to their collection. The piece that sold was not in great shape either!! I believe I'll have a glass of wine and call it a great week. Cheers...B.
Bob in OH is offline   Reply With Quote