LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 02-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Doug G.
User

Exclamation Problems posting in the gallery

Ok, I registered, I logged in and don't see anything that allows me to upload pics. I have Norton and Black Ice, but I turned both off and still nothing! What am I doing wrong?
Unread 02-25-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Doug, once you will be presented the opportunity and menu choice to upload photos when you are logged in. You may upload photos ONLY in albums that you have created...

Once logged in You should have a menu choice for creating new albums...

Once you create an album you should see all these choices once you have logged into the gallery... (but only inside one of your own albums)

[add photos] [new nested album]
[captions] [sort] [resize all] [rebuild thumbs]
[properties] [permissions] [view all comments] [slideshow] [logout]

The Gallery is not that difficult to navigate, you just have try things and see how they work. Ask here if you run across something that roadblocks you just like you did this time and we will be glad to help.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
Doug G.
User

John, the problem is that I don't see a menu at all!Where should it be located on the screen?
Unread 02-25-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Top Right... There should be a menu in the same place as the links for [register] & [login]

Once logged in you should see a "new album" choice.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 02-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #5
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,098 Times in 1,676 Posts
I don't know how many ways there are to access this forum, but I have been lead to understand that not everybody comes in through www.lugerforum.com - so perhaps the menu list at the left of the screen is not being presented depending on how the site was accessed.

Also, the QuickReply feature has made some new members unaware that photos may be posted in the topics as well as the Gallery. If you do not use the "postreply" button and only use the QuickReply, you do not have the option of posting an "Image".

I seem to recall that Ed Tinker created a tutorial on posting pictures, but I currently cannot find it in the Tech or General Information. The "Upload Photos" feature and how to copy and paste the location of the uploaded image appears to remain a mystery to a lot of folks.

While I am on the topic of graphics, it seems that a lot of custom avatars have disappeared (mine included). I know that these things get clobbered from time to time. Is it possible to place these custom avatars in a permanent location similar to the generic avatar selections, so that individual members can restore their avatars without having to resort to system administrators to replace them?
Unread 02-25-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ron,

Only have a minute so please excuse the short response...

the Photo upload tutorial is located in this very forum (Site Help and Feedback)...

If you open your profile for editing, you will see a great new feature for setting your avatar to either a cataloged one, or one that you can input...

I recommend that ALL members enter through the Lugerforum.com homepage and then open the discussions in a separate window if desired...

Unread 02-25-2003, 05:12 PM   #7
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,078 Posts
Ron, I looked to and it has disappeared down the list, it used to be stuck up on the top, and now it has sunk below .

Before John had it so it would stay at the top.
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 06:22 PM   #8
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,098 Times in 1,676 Posts
Thankee kindly gents. Mayhaps a better place for permanent or semi-permanent tutorials would be in either the Tech or General Information sections.
Unread 02-27-2003, 10:00 AM   #9
Doug G.
User

Exclamation

Unread 02-27-2003, 03:19 PM   #10
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Doug, please try to access the Member Gallery again and I believe you will find that you can now create albums and then upload photos...

See you Private Messages for a more detailed explanation.

Unread 02-27-2003, 11:45 PM   #11
Doug G.
User

John, thank you for all the help! it works like a charm now. Have already posted pics of eight of my Lugers and a controversial one that I do not own!