LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #1
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default RESPONSE TO ONLINE CRAP ETC.

Well lets face it guys and gals, once the sale is complete allot of the dealers have gotten what they want, YOUR MONEY. The rest is incidental to them. I have asked several dealers to PLEASE SEND MY STUFF NEXT DAY AIR. I allready paid for their shipping and handling charges(inflated at best) and for the extra few bucks, it far out weighs the risk of thievery and damage. I also request the shippers nameand a tracking number so I can track it from here. Many dealers just ignore my wishes and I have gotten guns from any where from a week to twent-two days. It is really time that they understand that it is OUR MONEY, AND OUR GUN, NOT THEIRS. If they can't provide the requested customer service, we as fellow collectors need to make that known!

STOP THE ARROGANT/ I'LL DO AS I WANT MENTALITY with these dealers. Afterall they make ALLOT of money from you and I!

Till Next Time,

Timothy Canney

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Luger Shipping FYI-TLSS policy

I always return ship to clients UPS Next Day Air unless asked for FEDEX Next Day Air, I always insure, I always provide the tracking number, I always WATCH the item on the UPS or FEDEX sites to make sure the items arrives on time. I always contact the clients to make SURE they are happy! This has always been my policy! It is just polite and good business IMO. ~Thor~

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:07 AM   #3
Frank on the Rock

Thor, If you haven't shipped mine as yet, please use FEDEX, they handle packages with much more care, UPS is as bad as USPS!

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:15 AM   #4
tom collins

you would think that if some one is willing to do electronic payment or credit card and then overnight the papers on an item that cost $600 to $1500 that the additional $10 to $20 to overnight the gun would be a given and understood. i'm sorry but i just don't understand the thinking, maybe i'm just not as cheap as others. i and many others would be more than willing to pay the extra cost for the next day shipping.

and at my office we ship stuff every day, fed ex and ups and the cost of a P-38 and hardshell holster comes to $17.15. so, to mail this stuff anyother way in my mind is rude and unexcusible. Also ups and fed ex REQUIRE all firearms to be priority overnight.

you're right, it's our money and our merchandise and i'm sorry about my impatience....but after all the time spent searching on the web for deals when i find one and buy it i damn well expect to get it asap once payment has been recieved.

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:16 AM   #5
Luke
User

Default Thor's method has worked perfectly for me. :) (

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:17 AM   #6
tom collins

Default i wish everyone was as good as thor and ralph(EOM ) (EOM)

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:17 AM   #7
Luke
User

Default Both Ralph Shattuck and Bob Simpson use UPS Overnight. (EOM)

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:24 AM   #8
Thor
User

Will do Frank! Enjoyed the phone call last night! Thor

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:26 AM   #9
Thor
User

Default Re: Both Ralph Shattuck and Bob Simpson use UPS Overnight.

The way I look at it, the less time shippers handle our Lugers the less chance they will be stolen! Thor

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:36 AM   #10
Frank on the Rock

Amen Brother! Have an up lifting weekend!

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:43 AM   #11
Frank on the Rock

Another reason I like FEDEX is that sometimes when I order ammo by mail, and it comes UPS and I am not home, UPS just leaves the box of ammo on the front stoop, with ORD stickers all over it in plain view from the sidewalk)! Ammo and firearms need to be signed for. FEDEX does not do this. Even if I have to go to the FEDEX warehouse to pick the stuff up, they won't leave any unattended materiel on my front stoop.

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:01 AM   #12
jkeith

I'll vouch for Thor and his shipping method...he knew that UPS had attempted delivery to my house before I did...great followup on his part.

.........Keith

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:16 AM   #13
Frank on the Rock

I have no problem with Thor's tracking method, I just feel more secure using FEDEX...

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:29 AM   #14
dgp42
User

Default Re: RESPONSE TO ONLINE CRAP ETC.

I've ALWAYS requested type of shipment,insurance, tracking number provision before I pay for an item. However, it does'nt guarantee the seller will comply.Most people do not have the Passion of most Luger collectors. Usually a pleasant phone call to seller before shipping goes a long way towards getting your sale completed to your satisfaction.Remember the old caveat"you cannot reason with an unreasonable person".Sometimes life is an upstream swim. We live in a society that is used too and expects instant gratification.I've never sold anything on-line,only purchased. And alas, I'm guilty of impatience when a shipper does'nt realize the importance of my STUFF.I want patience and I want it now! Changing our expectations is a lot easier on the brain than changing someone elses work ethic.All of our activities are something to do between the cradle and the grave in the big picture anyway.Blah,blah,blah and pontification at no additional cost.IMO

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:47 AM   #15
Leo

Default Re: RESPONSE TO ONLINE CRAP ETC.

This happened to me.......purchased a luger had it shipped to me Fed Ex next day I had the tracking number and was told by Fed Ex that I should have it by 2PM next day. Wll 2 PM came and went at 2;15 I called the automatc Fed Ex number and it informed me tha the package WAS already delivered, well I called Fed Ex and asked where it was delivered to and who signed for it,it was droped off and signed for at a tire company some 10 miles from my address.It was after hours at the tire company, so I went directly to the police dept. and they called a "person to notify" and he agreed it was delivered and he signed for it. Had to waite till next morning to pick it up, luckely it was still there unopened.The sddress on the box was correct, my telephone number on the box was correct, and the amount of insurence was also on the lable. Boy was I lucky......Leo

Unread 03-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #16
Les Center

Default I know they are not Lugers but...

I always ship my cases UPS next day air, and insure for the full value INCLUDING shipping. I, like Ted, always send the client the Tracking Number and also track the package myself. It's that little extra that shows you care.

Les

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:37 PM   #17
bh

yea....but like i said below,,,,that doesnt mean youre gonna get them......ralph sent me a navy last november, that i never got, and we liked to never got any money from UPS.....even to the point that WE did something wrong to get it stolen......grrrrrrrr.....