LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 08-20-2002, 02:07 PM   #1
Brandon
User

Talking Thank You All!

Hello Everyone!

It has been several months since I appeared on the forum back in March... During this time I have made friends with some of the finest people on Earth! I would like to take this time to thank them by name!

Thanks to: Pete Ebbink, for talking with me almost every day for a long time now, and for sending me three fine Luger books, and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: Ted Green, for talking with me on the phone, helping me with more things than I can mention, and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: John Dunkle, for all the work he has put into the forum, the e-mails we have traded, and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: Ed Tinker, for the e-mail's (Funny and serious), and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: John Sabato, for the advice, all the work you put into this forum, and being an all around good guy!

Thanks to: Schwob (A.K.A. Bob Spitzer), for the e-mail's we have traded, and numerous other stuff!

Thanks to: Ralph Shattuck, for "turning me on" to the forum, Sending me a great Luger book, Taking the time to show me around at Kansas City, all the MANY e-mail's we have traded, all the information you have shared and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: Frank Manders, for all the e-mail's, and for being a great friend!

Thanks to: Bill Forsythe, for chatting with me at Kansas City, and for showing me firsthand how to field strip a Luger (That really helped)!

Thanks to: Roadkill, for all those e-mail's and for being a really nice guy!

Thanks to: Jan C. Still, for some healthy debates, sending me that Luger calendar, and the information you have provided through your books!

Thanks to: Greg Kilburn, for the e-mails we have traded and for being a very good guy!

Thanks to: Luke Smithwick, for so generously offering to send me one of his Luger Forum patches!

Thanks to: Charles Kenyon, for the information provided through his books, for the gifts he has so kindly sent me, for talking with me on the phone and in person, and for autographing my book at Kansas City!

Thanks to: Gerald Tomek (A.K.A "GT") For the e-mail's, advice, and for being a great guy and friend!

Lastly Thanks to: Everyone on the forum, for putting up with me and my "newbie" questions!

If I have forgotten anyone please let me know and I'll be sure to fix it ASAP!!!

You guys have all earned a special place in my life! I really hope I can make it out to WOL Fest so I can finally meet and shake hands with the ones that come! You have made this young Luger collector feel like a part of the gang, and for that I will always be in debt to you!

I can never thank you guys enough!

My very best always!
Brandon Metcalf
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2002, 05:53 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts
Talking

Hey, if we can't help out a guy, what can we do!!

hey those straight line and dots hurt my eyes!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Eduardo
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2002, 07:35 PM   #3
Herb
User

Brandon, Ralph showed me his photos of you holding that $1 million dollar Carbine, you looked a little nervous. First time with a Mil in your hands?? LOL Herb.
Unread 08-20-2002, 10:40 PM   #4
Brandon
User

Thumbs up

Herb,
I was REALLY nervous! All I could think of was that concrete floor below me and if I droped the carbine what scratches it would have when I picked it back up! I would breathe only when I had to! I DID NOT want to drop that gun!

How did you feel when you held it?

Best Regards
Brandon
Unread 08-20-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
Herb
User

Exactly the same, Ralph said "you drop it, you bought it", scared the hell out of me. I really didn't want to touch it but he gave me the gloves and insisted, so I did. That is a real piece of worksmanship, regardless of who made it. I'm glad I held it, but my bag is shooters, that thing is no fun, lock it up, dust it off, show it off, hide it. Sheeiiiittt, lets go shooting!
Unread 08-21-2002, 09:09 AM   #6
Brandon
User

Talking

Herb,
When I held the Carbine Ralph Said: "Don'y worry i'f you drop it I won't have you locked up" I thought to myself "Boy I hope your not joking"!

Later in the show Ralph said to "open the case again" that "I was going to have another look at the carbine" I only picked up the stock that time!!!

After all had went well holding the carbine the first time, I wasn't going to tempt fate again!!

I am glad I got the once in a lifetime chance to hold it! (THANKS Ralph)!

Regards, Brandon