LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
hansfischer007
User

Smile .30 Caliber Ammo..?

..Well.thanks to G.T. ...in a couple weeks I should have a Beautiful DWM .30 Caliber Luger to show off.........photos will be posted.....I have started searching for .30 Caliber Luger ammo....and the results go from one end to the other.....found some online for around $22.00 .....called a local Big Gun Shop here today...."Oh yes....we have 3 boxes of .30 caliber $69.00 a box..!!!....Uh..no thanks......gonna go back and look online.....one ad was for Fiocchi but the photo showed what looked like lead bullets......not the bright copper or brass ..(whatever it is)...Im Definitely NOT an "ammo expert" but I know i don't want any lead ammo.......saw some FMJ Fiocchi for the $22.00 PLUS shipping......I appreciate any and all advice on my quest.......I know .30 Caliber is a bit higher....I turned 73 last September.............and a DWM .30 Caliber was high on my "Bucket List"............Thanks Guys for a Great Forum
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
nukem556
User

22.00 for Fiocchi is about as good as you're going to get. A couple guys said they found some on closeout cheaper, but thats rare. All the Fiocchi I've seen for sale is jacketed, either FMJ or soft point. If you're set up to reload you can put some together once you have the dies and brass, but otherwise, you'll just have to bite the bullet....hehehehe sorry, couldn't help myself
nukem556 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to nukem556 for your post:
Unread 11-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
hansfischer007
User

Default Bite The Bullet.?

..Groan....That was a good one...hang your head it was so bad...but Thanks for the info........looks like I will Have to go the mail order route......would like to have at least 50 on hand......Thanks again...Hans Fischer
Unread 11-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hans,

In MY 30 cal Lugers, they don't play well with the Fiocchi JSP ammo, but are very happy with the Fiocchi FMJ ammo. Some on the forum said that their Lugers didn't care which, but mine sure did.

$22/box is a reasonable/acceptable price for this ammo. Even if you don't reload, pick the brass up anyway as there are folks on this forum that could use it for reloading.

I have, in the past, purchased 30 Luger ammo from Able Ammo(Able's Shooting) in Texas. They will give you a price break on 500 rounds. They seem to be a reputable source.

Congrats on your "new" Luger, and I think that you will enjoy shooting 30 Luger.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
hansfischer007
User

Smile .30 Caliber Luger

..I just ordered 3 boxes of Fiocchii .30 Luger 93 Gr. FMJ at $20.99 per box..from Selway Armory...shipping was $11.50 so totaled out to $74.47........as soon as I get my "Christmas present" back from GT.....will go out in back yard....crank off 20 or 30 rounds........get a cup of coffee......and wait on the Sheriffs Deputies to arrive ... I have a "crazy neighbor".......and every once in awhile either her or her husband will do something stupid to the neighbor either behind or on the side of their property........and as soon as the Deputies arrive..........she will point over at my house and yell......."What the hell are you doing here...??...why don't you go over there.?..Mr. Fischer is ALWAYS SHOOTING A GUN IN HIS YARD...!!!!....sigh...........so after dealing with her and her husband....the Deputies will come over.....take a look at my latest "treasure"......and we talk about Firearms and Police Cars for awhile.......all the while....she is on her porch .........watching......now it doesn't hurt that I usually know most of the Sheriff Deputies that show up......AND...we are in the County where shooting is legal.........now I am NOT a Trouble Maker. ....by the way.....Good suggestion on saving the .30 caliber brass.....which I will attempt to do.....and as soon as I have a good bit.....will send it out to any Forum Member that needs it...n/c of course......You Guys are the Greatest
Unread 11-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
regul
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default 30 Luger Brass

Starline Brass www.starlinebrass.com now has brass in stock.
500 for $101.00 plus shipping
regul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Brass.... .30..

Hi To all, I've still got plenty of .30 Luger brass... Winchester primed new brass... $20.00 a hundred... but has to ship UPS, costs about $15.00 to send.... Let me know, best to all, til...lat'r...GT gctomeks@msn.com for orders an contact!
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansfischer007 View Post
.....Good suggestion on saving the .30 caliber brass.....which I will attempt to do.....and as soon as I have a good bit.....will send it out to any Forum Member that needs it...n/c of course......You Guys are the Greatest

Thank you very much for the offer. There are a fair number of forum members here that not only shoot 30cal lugers, but handload for them. No matter how hard I try, I seem to never find 100% of my expended brass at the range.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote