LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Swiss Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Post Swiss Navy Thread Postings Deleted...

Just to let all know, that as co-moderator of the Swiss section, I decided to delete the message thread regarding a Forum member's Swiss Navy luger with 7-7/8" bbl.

I became aware of some "flamming" private e-mails bouncing around about the gun in question. The buyer expressed a desire for the thread to end. I intially closed the thread, but the "flames" remained stoked, so I deleted the thread.

I did not want the Forum to be used to possibly degradate the buyer's gun value and likewise to impune a seller's reputation.

It seemed that this luger variation is not well known and some may have concluded, a bit too soon, in the negative.

I have advised the buyer, through private e-mail to continue to search for the gun's heritage with documentation (both from the seller and from other, more objective sources).

The buyer was also invited to re-post the results (both positive or negative) in the future, when appropriate and if he so desired.

I am just learnig this assignment as a "co-moderator"...if some of you feel my actions are a form of inappropriate censorship, please feel free to post your thoughts on how this could have been handled better or differently.
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote