LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
cwb124
New User

Default Where to find original mags for the Interarms Mauser 9mm?

Hey folks, first post here. Found this when googling where to find original magazines for the Interarms American Eagle 9mm Luger. I received one as an inheritance from my uncle about a year ago.

I love shooting this thing. Great trigger in my opinion and quite accurate. However, the other day when I was loading up a mag with 7 rounds, the plastic bottom of the magazine blew out. I bought a pair of Mec-Gar P08 magazines at the recommendation of someone who thought they knew what they were talking about. However, after the 1st or 2nd round out of the new magazines, the clip falls out of the gun. Both clips do it like clockwork regardless of the ammo I use (rem, federal, and win so far). Apparently those mags won't work for this gun.

So back to the original question, where can I find an original mag (or three) to replace the broken one and have a few I can shoot with? My new rule will be 5 rounds max so I don't blow the bottom out again. Any help would be appreciated.
cwb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
policeluger
RIP

hang on, GT from the forum will be in touch with you soon......he is mag guy
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Magazine issues!

Hi cwb124 & policeluger, The Mauser Parabellums do seem to have their own set of magazine issues... The worst being the bottom blowing out of the magazine shell, and even though the MEC-GAR mags should work fine in you Mauser, these mags will soon fail at the plastic bottom also, especially when firmed up with the correct strong spring... We should ba able to cure all your mag issues with a little effort... You can email me at: gctomeks@msn.com and we can discuss it off the forum, or, you can do a search on G.T. magazine bottoms, up grades, etc. And see some examples of the efforts needed to cure other mag issues that have come up from time to time on the forum... Best to you, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

My $.02...Have GT put one (or more) of his aluminum mag bottoms on your Mauser mags...And double pin them...He's done several of mine and the aluminum bottoms are really nice!
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
cwb124
New User

I might hit you up to replace the blown out mag that I have, but where can I buy extra original mags that will work with my gun? This gun is certainly no safe queen and I enjoy shooting it. I'd like to find at least 2 extra mags.
cwb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

cwb, I purchased all of the remaining parts for the Mauser Parabellum, when Interarms went out of business. The only "Mauser" marked mag that I have left, is a new wood bottomed one for one of their commerative modles: new @$150. The only black plastic bottom one (not MecGar) that I have left is not "Mauser" marked, so only $50. I also have new correct black plastic bottoms in stock @$15, if you want it back to as original. I also have the BPBs from MecGar with the concentric circles @$5, and GT's premium wood or metal mag bottoms @$35 each, if you chose to install them yourself, but GT is THE GUY, if you want them installed. TH