LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
matt ott
Banned

Default troubled interarms luger

my interarms Mauser 9mm will not shoot many types of ammo. I have tried 115 gr. and 124 gr. ammo but this gun is just plain picky. Any suggestions from the group on which type of ammo will give better results as i really like this gun, and when it shoots it is very accurate. Next time i will use orig. WW2 Hanel mag. as I don't like the mags that came with the gun. Thanks Matt...
matt ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
hansfischer007
User

Smile Interarms Mauser

A couple of months ago....I picked up an Interarms Mauser...6" barrel....and had trouble with it...seemed like it wanted to "stovepipe" about every other round.....so..i sent it to "Luger Doc" and he found it had a broken extractor....he installed a new one......I took it to the Indoor Range the other nite....bought two boxes of 115 grain off the shelf ......fired 99 out of 100 ......the one that gave me trouble...I held it wrong I think.....but its a "tack-driver"....blew the center out of the target time after time.....at approximately 15-20 yards...I love the way it fires..........you might want to check with Luger Doc.......hes #1 in my Book...!!!
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hans, Actually it was the ejector. Thanks, TH
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
hansfischer007
User

Smile Good Advice........

As you can tell....DO NOT send your Luger to ME to fix.!!.....I wasnt 100% sure that was the part that Luger Doc put in....maybe thats why Tom is the Expert on Lugers and I advise everyone to see Him for parts and repairs........Like Clint Eastwood said in one of his movies...."A mans gotta know his limitations"....and mine sure aint luger repair..!!...........I do know that he fixed it right tho because it fires just fine now...........and as I said....is really a tack driver.......wonderful shooting pistol........you gotta love those long barrels......And Thanks again Tom for doing such a Superb Repair Job............Hans Fischer
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
matt ott
Banned

Default interarms luger

thanks guys and yes Luger Doc is the man. Ijust reloaded some 9mm and used the max 5.5 unique and 124 gr. gr FMJ and will try it the next time i go out. that should be enought to cycle the toggle or else,, if not i shoot my Glock and use the 08 as a wall hanger,, of course i could shoot my BYF 41,, Just kidding... thanks Matt
matt ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Matt,

You weren't specific about the problem you've been having.

In my experience, the Luger requires very good and consistent hold support and wrist / arm alignment to fire reliably.

Problems can include stove-pipes and mis-feeds.

Certainly broken parts, weak recoil springs, the wrong recoil spring and other issues can affect function and timing.

Marc