LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 09-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #21
John -Melb
User

Reference the Machine Gun and Pistol presented to the crew of the Peto, I today received the following email from the Wisconsin Maritime Museum.

"I am copying this response to Bill Thiesen, Curator/Asst. Director here at the Musuem. I did talk with him and the machine gun and hand gun you are referring to are both on display here at the Museum in our RASHER Concourse. The Concourse has exibit items related to all 28 Manitowoc Company built submarines and includes a working periscope off the U.S.S. Rasher, the 2nd most successful American submarine during WWII for tonnage of enemy vessels sunk. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Bill. I hope you have a chance to come and see them someday!

Patty Ressler, Development Manager
Wisconsin Maritime Museum"

If one of the Forum members lives locally to this Museum (it's a bit far from Melbourne) perhaps they could call past and see if the LMG has a "mum" present. If so, it's a clear example of Japanese arms captured prior to the ceasation of hostilities surviving with intact "mums".
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2003, 05:37 PM   #22
Stevie
User

I finaly got to shoot my Arisaka rifle. I taped it to an old tire and used a remote firing device(string), fired 2 rounds of $2.00 each Norma cartridges, did not blow up! I picked it up and it was an amazingly good shooter.About as good as any of my other military rifles. Good sights, and the battle sight was perfectly regulated for shooting empty soda cans out to 100 paces. I shot up an entire box of 20 shells,and it really improved the bore. I even purchased a Jinsen made T30 bayonet to go with the musket, but I didn't try to stick anything with it.

Thanx, Stevie.
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote