LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Mauser mag spring options...

Hi to all! Well, things have calmed down enough to where I can readdress my ongoing Mauser Magazine upgrade program.. As mentioned earlier, I have found a nice East German mag bottom, that replicates the original Mauser war time mag bottom exactly... So, with that option available for now at least, I have turned my attention to the follower spring.. As most of you know, the Mauser post war Parabellum has a bear strong follower spring, and even after considerable use and set, they're still almost too strong to load!! ... But, some, not all, Mauser Parabellums seem to need this particular super strong spring to work correctly??? Soooo, I have submitted samples to a spring company to get a better, but still strong, spring made to up-grade and replace the springs now found in the Parabellum's magazine! I hope to have two new offerings, in conjunction with the already available GTHQ mag spring, for tuning the mags perfectly to your specific guns needs and requirments.. I will have a GTHQHD (G.T. High Quality Heavy Duty), GTHQMD (G.T. High Quality Medium Duty), and the standard GTHQ (G.T. High Quality) spring, which is exactly the same spec's as a new original pre 1945 Luger mag spring.. Cutting to the chase, I'll have a super up-grade, for both MEC-GAR mags and original Mauser Parabellum mags, either / or! ... Should be the very best available for that type of Luger... Lot'sa work yet to do! But the dogs are loose! I'll keep all informed! Best to all, and many thanks to my customers, til...lat'r...GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 11-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
RAY1946
User

Default Magazine spring

I have a Mauser Parabellum in 9mm. The magazine is so difficult to fully depress that I have taken to loading only 5 rnds at a time. The magazine in my 1918 Erfurt of 50 or so years ago was not nearly that hard to load. Is it possible to buy just the standard 1940 style spring? Thanks so much.........

Last edited by RAY1946; 11-08-2011 at 08:48 AM.
RAY1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default spring...

Hi Ray, Yes! Lugerdoc here on the forum has them for sale in singles and small quantites.. The spring I make is called GTHQ mag follower spring, the HQ stands for high quality, they are identical to what a new original spring would have been, un-used and un-clipped, as so many of them are now.. It is made of a material called missle wire, which has a great resistance to fatigue. Last mag spring you'll ever need, IF, your Mauser Luger will work with a lighter mag spring???... Some of them seem to... If you get a new spring, sell me your old overstrength spring.. I'm still testing them, the trick is to get a full strength one good enough to test with (they lose strength pretty fast)....... best to you, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY1946 View Post
I have a Mauser Parabellum in 9mm. The magazine is so difficult to fully depress that I have taken to loading only 5 rnds at a time. The magazine in my 1918 Erfurt of 50 or so years ago was not nearly that hard to load. Is it possible to buy just the standard 1940 style spring? Thanks so much.........
Hi:

Please sell me your "over strength" spring.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote