LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
hansfischer007
User

Default Say that again..???????

Today...I went into our local Indoor Shooting Range to pick up some Hoppes #5 oil to clean my Interarms Mauser Luger that I just purchased this past monday.......apparently the previous owner had used WD-40 and it was pretty gummy.........anyway. I asked the guy behind the counter for the Hoppes #5....he said they didnt carry it..but they had "something better"...(right away I was suspicious).........in a spray can.....and it was Guaranteed to take allllll that gunk off......another salesman came up and said....."that stuff really works....but you better be sure you clean it all off when you get thru.....or else it will take all the finish off the pistol.!".......I cant believe these idiots would try and sell me something like that.....So I just turned around and walked out........sigh.........after coming back home found some Real Gun spray I forgot I had........and it did take all the WD-40 off............Im looking now to pick up a Holster for my Mauser.............Thanks again guys for listening to my rant about idiots.............Hans Fischer.........
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Hans..Hardware store..gallon of paint thinner (mineral spirits) will last for years. Cleans really well and won't touch bluing. Pour it back into the plastic jug after using it all the junk settles and pour off fresh a few days later. Keeps from pouring it out on the driveway.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post: