LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #41
LugerVern
User

I was a fan of Sarah Palin long before this happen, she not only has ideals but stands behind them. I wish her and McCain would switch places for this election but that is not going to happen; however if we do our part she will be in a nice position come 2012.

Our system isnâ??t perfect, nor is anyone elseâ??s but it has served us well and will continue to do so if everyone does their part.

Do your research, know your candidates and vote for the best one. We have the worlds greatest knowledge bank on the internet, no one should be surprised by the actions of those we put in office; their lives, friends and previous actions are all there for everyone to see.

This country has always been polarized by two political parties, we have never been able to establish a strong third party so we often end up voting for the better of two evils. Because of that it is even more important to know who youâ??re voting forâ??do your research and vote.

Vern
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #42
Jan C Still
User

Thats what I call hitting the ball out of the park!

Jan
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #43
drbuster
User

Hope all of you saw and heard her speech tonight. I know that most of it was written for her but it seemed to me that she meant every word. We need more people like her (friend of the NRA) in high places.
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #44
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Sarah

Hello to all! It's almost to good to believe!!! I keep waiting for the dirt to come out... I think the left is so stunned that they haven't figured out a way to combat this new refreshing VP pick... Honest, common sense, sincere, ethics, NRA life member, parent, (Great parent!!) realist, everyday roll your sleeves up worker, hockey mom, and she can shoot! NOT CORRUPT!!, AND, last but not least, she's beautiful!!!..... Old liberal left wing Washington politicians have just witnessed their worst nightmare coming to pass ... You don't really need the old boy experience to succeed, you just need to be a good person... I think this is the real deal, I haven't been this excited about voting in 37 years... This coming election is HUGE!!! We'll never see another chance like this in our lifetime... at least not mine... (Hell, I'm just happy to see the sun come up!! ) Best to all, til...lat'r...GT
Unread 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #45
MikeP
User

I also feel much better about voting for McCaine.

Voting for fringe candidates is a sure way to get enough for Obama and his league to be in the White House.
They will not get elected and the votes are needed.
Time to circle the wagons.
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #46
Ida-Alp
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

She's a HOOT--and I'm stoked!!!

Unread 09-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #47
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Jan, thanks for your commentary, but hitting it out of the park is a mild description... She came across as honest, earnest and possessing what most politicians never achieve... a projection of INTEGRITY.

I too, feel much better about voting Republican this year. John McCain was not my first choice, but as far as I am concerned, the McCain-Palin ticket is the only game in town.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #48
davidkachel
User

I don't quite get it. The prospect of an honest, Constitution-supporting politician getting nominated or elected to any office is inspiring, but unless McCain steps in front of a bus, she will occupy the most ineffectual office in the land and be able to accomplish virtually nothing.

Or is the excitement expressed here based solely on the assumption that her presence on the ticket will make it easier to defeat Obama?

I must admit I have relaxed quite a bit since the Billary threat was removed and have not been concerned Obama might get elected. I think this is still far too racist a country for that to happen.

Personally I don't think Obama is any greater threat than any other run-of-the-mill gun-grabbing, money-stealing, welfare-spending, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, la-la-leftist. At least we know what to expect.

But McCain! (And this is coming from a life-long conservative), McCain is absolutely a wolf in sheep's clothing. This guy wants World War III and means to have it sooner rather than later. Obama may bumble his way into WWIII, but McCain plans to light the fuse himself.

(Just to clarify matters: I will vote for Obama, right after I vote for Joseph Stalin.)
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #49
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

DavidK
Do you honestly believe that the VP slot in the administration is the most ineffectual office in the land? This is not the 1970's... almost without exception every VP since the jimmy carter ( the disrespect of the lower case letters for his name is no accident) years has played a significant role in the administration. Gore and Cheney in particular... They are not just the President's pit-bull... and they are only a heartbeat from the President's chair in the Oval Office. And thank GOD for that... since the very next heartbeat is NANCY PELOSI... heaven help us all!

This VP nominee single handedly beat the good-ole-boy network in her home state by doing what is right. Till her name was mentioned my first pick would have been Romney... but the Liberal attack machine went to work as soon as her name was announced... they are scared out of their boots that the unsettled Hillary voters will cross over JUST because she is a woman (since many would have voted for Hillary for the same reason). She has been compared to Ronald Reagan by the commentators this morning and even the dufus Joe Biden had glowing comments about her performance last night... right before he called her a liar...

Best comment I heard this morning is that she won Alaska by more votes than Joe Biden aggregated for ALL his attempts to run for president. Obama has really blown it with Biden as his #2.

Nobody wanted him for President... why would they want him for VP?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #50
policeluger
RIP

John....very well said.
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #51
davidkachel
User

Quote:
Originally posted by John Sabato
DavidK
Do you honestly believe that the VP slot in the administration is the most ineffectual office in the land?...
John, allow me a LITTLE hyperbole!

However effective the office IS, it is so only to the extent that the president will allow it. If the president says 'go peddle your papers' there is little the VP can do about it.

If you are counting on her to save us from what McCain has in store, I don't think there is a prayer of it happening... unless of course that bus comes along!
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #52
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

John McCain did what the Democrats SHOULD have done, pick a strong Woman for the VP slot. Now they are freakin out that they have been one upped!
All they can come up with is a sexist attack on her, she should stay home with the children! The Democrats are showing their true colors.
I am proud that Republicans will be the first to have a Woman in the White House.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #53
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

I think the dem's were ham strung, because if they chose any other woman except hillary, then folks would be crying foul, which of course doesn't make sense, if Obama had wanted a woman and picked the "best" choice; someone like Ms. dole or somebody, then that would have been fine, but the publik wanted hillary (for some reason ??) and after their public debates and comments to each other, there was no way that he could or would choose her.

and even then, I was a bit surprised he picked who he did...

Ed
Unread 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #54
Navy
RIP

As Jonah Goldberg quipped,"That woman was put on earth to do two things, kick butt and kill caribou. She is all out of caribou."

Works for me.

Tom A
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #55
davidkachel
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward Tinker
...but the publik wanted hillary (for some reason ??)...
I can put this into a little perspective.
During the late 80's in Peru a man named Alan Garcia was elected president. He entered office penniless and never having worked a day in his life.
When he left office six years later, he was a rich man. This is because he and his cronies stole literally every penny the country had and more. I know this because I was there.
Guess who was recently elected president of Peru! (Hint: you get only one guess.)

The electorate is stupid and has a VERY short memory. This is the reason the founders did NOT want this to be a democracy. They knew we would vote for bread and circuses. They just thought they had constructed a Republic in such a way that we could vote for bread and circuses all we wanted without actually getting them to any significant extent. Obviously, they were wrong.
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #56
Tobruk42
User

I'm no fan of McCain...having followed his sorry political career almost from the beginning. He is the epitome of scum.....and guess what? No war hero either. BUT....this Gov. Palin is something quite different and that may just be the best thing that has happened so far. I think she might become such a media magnet that Old John might end up on the sidelines looking on. If that is what develops she may be the perfect check to the more sinister things he is capable of. Let's hope so.
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #57
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

He is the epitome of scum.....and guess what? No war hero either.

Hans...I wish I were in the room with your lowlife face..I would punch your lights out. How dare you bring John McCains Honorable, in fact , brave Military service and sacrafice into this. You dishonor all Veterans who post on this board and I will do all in my power to see you never post here again.
Many, a majority I would say, of the people who post are veterans...I can only hope that ALL of them remember your sorry slimey pink communist ass and NEVER respond to a thing you have to say.

God...People like you disgust me.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #58
Dave Sanders
User

I second Jerry's motion. I don't care if a person doesn't like McCain, that is his/her choice, but to say he is no war hero is idiodic. What those guys went through at the hands of the guards is beyond normal human endurance. I challenge anyone who doesn't think that experience makes those guys something special to go though even 1/3 of what they did, you would change your mind. Politics aside, those guys are heroes to be looked up to.
Dave
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #59
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Tobruk, I think your comments are on the verge of being banned... I'd ask you to tell me why he is a scum and why he is no war hero; but I served 20 years in the army and anyone who served a year in the military has my respect, let alone a Vietnam Vet who was a prisoner of war, and who refused to be freed by refusing to say anything anti-american.

You've crossed the line and either I see a apoligy, or you're out of here.

PS: Just because Tobruk said anti american things, doesn't make him a liberal (quote from my wife)

ADMIN
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #60
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Terry..My apologies to liberals and especially to you...I got carried away when this IDIOT Hans broke away from a political discussion and insulted every Veteran in America.
Politics is one thing and I have no trouble discusing policy but to say that about a bonified American hero...Regardless of his political affiliation. I hope I run into you someday hans. Just like I would like to get close enough to Jane fonda and slap her face. It would be worth some jail time to have that honor.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Closed Thread